• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hinge Pillar

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
My 86 has some bad rust in the hinge pillar. My father borrowed the truck, and didn't bother to tell me about the small rust hole, while it was small and on a flat easily fixed piece of metal... anyways I am in need of a new hinge pillar for my truck.

Ford does not make the part anymore. I actually had ordered one, and they took my money, only to call me three weeks later and tell me they didn't have the part, but could send me one from a newer truck. I was so pissed off at them that I just got my money back and told them to shove their pillar where the sun doesn't shine.

My question now is, would the hinge pillar off of a 93 work? I know the doors where wider in 93 then they where in 86, but the cab was for the most part appears to share the same dimensions. Thoughts? Ideas? I don't like just bondo and glassing over things, I want to fix it right. So any help as always is greatly appreciated.

honhon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
the yard i go to has a few trucks with the whole sides cut of out them.

if you have the means to fix it right, you may have the means to go to a yard and cut the piece you want out.

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, the only problem I have been finding is that I live in Ohio, and most of the trucks in the yard have the same problems that my truck does. Stupid salt and humidity.

I found one once but the yard wouldn't let me use my cutting torch, and my sawzall broke.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals