• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

High Lift/Farm jack mount

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
mine mounts to my duff bumper swing out
Whoa!! This looks like a Bronco II I should be featuring at
Do you have a thread with pics? The link in your signature doesn't work.

OcdFabrication

ASE Certified Tech
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Transmission
Automatic
I try to make all weight as low as possible on short wheel base rigs. I have the front and rear stretched to 97.5in wheel base and would like one more inch next time I dig into it. BUT, with that said. I had to get creative with the Hi - Lift mount on the B2. This Mount wont really work for for a stock axle and not high offset wheels but it worked very well for us. I used a off the shelf Hi - Lift mount attacted to the body and clearanced everywhere I needed to get it mounted. Its mounted with wing nuts. Never came loose. Makes no noise. And is easily removable!

IMG_3574.jpg
IMG_3575.jpg
IMG_3576.jpg
IMG_3577.jpg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
That's thinking outside the box OCD...

OcdFabrication

ASE Certified Tech
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Transmission
Automatic
That's thinking outside the box OCD...
Haha, And now you can see why I am who I am ! Sleep Deprivation will do a number to a automate guy with a welder that suffers from OCD !:headbang:

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
all the jeep guys here have them mounted outside and all their hi-lifts are rusted and looks stuck. but, since the jeeps look like they never leave the street, i suppose it doesn't matter. i tried to put it in my wrangler but with kids, it was just to much in the way so it went in the garage. now, there are two in there just sitting

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I keep mine in the garage and just stuff it in the back of the truck when I'm going out and think I might need it. Keeps it from getting too rusty.

I also use it as winch of sorts around the property so it's nice to have handy. I even made a clamp on a chain that I use for pulling T posts out of the ground.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
I try to make all weight as low as possible on short wheel base rigs. I have the front and rear stretched to 97.5in wheel base and would like one more inch next time I dig into it. BUT, with that said. I had to get creative with the Hi - Lift mount on the B2. This Mount wont really work for for a stock axle and not high offset wheels but it worked very well for us. I used a off the shelf Hi - Lift mount attacted to the body and clearanced everywhere I needed to get it mounted. Its mounted with wing nuts. Never came loose. Makes no noise. And is easily removable!

View attachment 80270View attachment 80271View attachment 80272View attachment 80273
YOu win...that is super cool

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
I keep mine in the garage and just stuff it in the back of the truck when I'm going out and think I might need it. Keeps it from getting too rusty.

I also use it as winch of sorts around the property so it's nice to have handy. I even made a clamp on a chain that I use for pulling T posts out of the ground.
I use mine for pulling stuff out of the ground too. T-posts and 4x4s

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
No pictures of my old set up, but, one of my B2, I attached it inside on the passenger side rear and ran the top of it towards the passenger seat, over the wheel, to keep it clean, as I used to live in Taxachusetts and NH, the road salt is brutal. Just keep it right up against the side so it does not spear anyone in an accident.

OcdFabrication

ASE Certified Tech
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Transmission
Automatic
To give a general concept here in I do not play in the mud. Now there are times it is inevitable you are throwing mud and rocks, but with that said I have had Hi-Lifts for many years without rust or rot issues. Plus I'm a big boy, If I have to grab a muddy Hi-Lift then a will 🤘 You simply buy a bag and use PB Blast Lithium Grease Spray when you put it away. YES, away. Plus we live in Northern California so weather and no salt works great for us. This lift still isn't bagged or greased yet sense last season without issue ( New Bag got ordered when I posted this :taunt: )

Buuuuuuuuut. I have a issue with inside mounted equipment when it comes to weight. Its one of the most dangerous things you could do especially when you have kids. I don't care about the mount or whatever was used to mount it its unsafe in my book and I wont do it just because I've had to witness the aftermath is large items coming loose during off-roading and traffic accidents. They are projectiles at that point. My 7 year old daughter would be sitting next to a 50lb Hi - Lift held on by wing nuts. I'm good. BUT again. Just my $0.02. Many people have done it safely for decades.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I built sand rails in Michigan for many years (more like trail buggies and we weren't kind to them). I had several rules for our personal machines. Keep the weight low. No expanded metal flooring... seen a fella take a huge sliver from above his ankle to sticking out his ass. Horrible. And air cooled only... saw a couple people get schorced from hot coolant. Again... horrible.

My point OCD... I totally get your point. Enough of it I might very well rethink plans for mounting my hi lift inside the G-Unit.

Vindictus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
ReMan 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
Some of the over 60 like me would remember the old bumper jak that use to mount in the trunk.
The only place I would mount a hi lift is the roof or like OCD frame mount.
I made the mistake of running over to this car that rear end another car at high speed
The couple in back seat were in 4 pieces
Not what 14 year old me was expecting

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
Definitely thinking harder of my outside mount all that being said @OcdFabrication. The thoughts I had earlier are earning more respect for a final decision. Hopefully have rear lift done and bumper mounted in the coming week/s and get this moving forward!

Something like this. I know I know, should have been an artist...

View attachment 71467

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals