• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HID Headlights

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
http://www.hidxenonheadlights.com
Want some opinions on this kit. The website aknowledges to the fact the headlights in my truck use a dual filament bulb...so they recommend a BiXenon bulb to keep the high and low beams a HID light. Curious if this makes me have a true high a low beam, as the high beam is brighter than the low or both will be the same....? for 70 bucks i figure it would have true hi and low beams but i wasn't 100% sure. Anyways any feed back would be great.

Tb8983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
I bought a kit for my bronco 2 it set me back 150 and it is a true low/high beam setup its 10k and haven't had any issues with it easy install and what not but. Most of the kits I have seen for under a hundred aren't true low/high kits so who knows and were abouts in OR you live

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i live in florence, i see your a fellow oregonian! Yeah the kit i was looking at is a 6000k kit and its a bixenon kit, which to my understanding has true low/high beams. Its gonna set me back about 150 bucks but i want to get a decent kit. PLus with the kit i don't have to cut any wires its all plug and play with the stock wiring.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Then do it right and not just stick hid bulbs into a non hid pod. On ebay there was a true hi lo kit that included the hid projector. This subject has caused many wars.

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Then do it right and not just stick hid bulbs into a non hid pod. On ebay there was a true hi lo kit that included the hid projector. This subject has caused many wars.
I was looking for info on that website about projectors but i don't think they offer them from this website. I'll look into that.

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Go to DDMtuning.com and get their 35w Bi xenon kit, the bulb moves to make it a Hi/Lo set up

DangerRanger~91

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2006
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Go to DDMtuning.com and get their 35w Bi xenon kit, the bulb moves to make it a Hi/Lo set up
ddmtuning is the best imo... its where I have bought all my hid stuff for both trucks.

... and hi/lo 10k kit apexcone kit ftw!

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
just ordered a 6000k Hi/Lo 9007 55w HID kit with the slim ballasts. All in all it cost me 92 bucks so it was cheaper than the other kits i've looked at plus this one from ddmtuning has a lifetime warranty, only heard good things about them. I have not got any kind of projector housing yet i've looked around and haven't found any that i liked, they all kind of give me a ricey import tuner look that i don't know if i like or not, so i don't know if i will get one but i'm going to aim the lights lower. I was going to ask DANGERRANGER91 if you got the projector housings for your Hid's and how yours turned out?

jas0n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
I wanna do it right and get the proper housings too.... Does anyone know if you can use generic 4x6 housings?

DTMBENZ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a '93 Ranger that I had installed a DDM Tuning hi/low beam kit but still got flashed constantly not to mention a crappy/lack of a high beam attempt. After a bit more research and comparing to some other lamp set ups at work, I found that it is not the position (in/out) of the bulb assembly but how the bulb is reflected off the back of the housing. I have found a website that offers different types of quality projectors that are used by OE manufacturers in their headlamp assemblies. They offer retrofit kits to help other people enjoy the precision of projection hid lighting.

I have run DDM Tuning kits in 2 Volkswagens(which have separate hi and low beam bulbs) and have been very impressed with their slim 55watt 5k kit.

I'm a Mercedes Benz tech and we deal a lot with bi-xenon projector assemblies so I saved and disassembled a few headlights just to compare to this websites information. Sure enough, we use Hella projectors(which work GREAT) that these guys offer as their "E55" setup I believe.

I have not yet had the funds to do the upgrade that I would like but my plans include: aftermarket clear lens(black reflector) headlights with bi-xenon projectors retrofitted with a DDM Tuning 55watt 5k kit. In theory this should give me the low beam I'm looking for without the flashing of other motorist's as well as the great projection of my "actual" high beams.

I have copied the link below to help my fellow Ranger enthusiasts responsibly illuminate the road and or backcountry more responsibly without blinding other motorists. Enjoy ladies and gents.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals