• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HHO gas conversion

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Let everyone know what? That you got 4 more miles to the gallon on something? What's the vehicle? Original mileage? Other work done along with this kit? Tune up? Carb rebuilt? Recent maintenance?
It's runinng on a 81 Ford Van 300 6cly------150,000 miles on it NO-Other -WORK has been done----Built the unit hook it up and took off.This unit has been shop test for over 30 hours before it was installed.

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
The corrosion is because you didn't use sodium carbonate (not bi-carbonate) in the water. When the current is applied it actually will remove rust.

1983dieselranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 5 speed Ext. Cab 4x4 and i am getting 25mpg with a k&n and HHO. Who in here gets that out of a truck like that? My Truck has 172,000 miles on it. I am also running 31 10.50's So i am sure i am getting better than 25mpg. I drove 75 miles and it took 3 gallon to fill it back up. I had to calculate twice even as simple as it is cause i couldn't believe it.

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Transmission
Manual
built a small one for a 82 f250 460ci to test it out. we havent road tested it yet as were going to build a larger generator first and then road test teh truck

hiwy101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L Hungry for Gas
Transmission
Manual
Gas Mileage and Bricks

Hello All,

I own a ford ranger and mercury mountianeer v8. It is possible to get 25 MPG without HHO. I was able to get my v8 302 to do 25mpg(it has an onboard stock MPG thing built into it) so i am ceritan of the milage. However, i didnt get it going 75MPH and gunning the engine all the time. I got it by using cruise control and going 50-55 MPH on the freeway and coasting down hills in neutral. I also have 3.73 gears and an automatic. So im not sure that 25 MPG is impossible.

You have to keep im mind that trucks and SUVs are big bricks that you are pushing through the air. getting one to get great effieiceny in a time when china has surpassed us and everything in the USA is now imported isnt going to happen. I wish people would realize that trucks and SUVS are now for the rich. I love my SUV and truck as much as you guys do. But the reality is that its very expensive. I have to sell mine under bluebook. That is sad but it is the way it is.

HHO isnt going to work in the way people have hoped. It would be nice if it did. but it doesn't. Its time to drive vehicles that ARE efficient. This is the only way to help. By efficient i do not mean a prius or conversions. I've seen many old datsuns and toyotas lately that i havent seen in a long time. Buy a $1000 car and fix it and drive it. make sure it will get 30 MPG. that is the only way to save $$$. Otherwise your just wasting more money.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals