• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heyyo everyone ....

sidecarhammond

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
There looks like there are quite few new folks around here just like myself. Great! I signed up and posted the other day and, like many of you, I did so because I need your experience and input. I will add mine where ever it seems to be pertinent.

I bought a '94 Ranger, 4.0 v6, 2-wheel drive about 2 months ago and it has been great. Lately though, I have developed a problem where the truck stalls on braking. I can't seem to track down the problem so, I thought I would ask if anyone else has had the same problem and how they solved it.

I also know that there are 'typical' issues that show up with any vehicle. Maybe this is one of those issues. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and now I'm gonna look around and see if I can be useful ....

mk

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to The Ranger Station!

In general, the idle is controlled by the IAC.
It is easy to remove and clean.
Reset the PCM after the cleaning, by disconnecting the battery then turn on the headlamps.

Another frequent issue is a vacuum leak.
Pushing the brake uses engine vacuum for the PB booster, the largest vac line on the truck. Plug it and see if the behavior changes (It will be harder to stop, so just test that).

Could be a bad booster, but what I really think is that you have a vacuum leak (intake gaskets?) and pressing the brake uses enough additional vacuum that it makes the engine stall.

emmahudson88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
emmahudson88
Make / Model
emmahudson88
Transmission
Automatic
hello, i am new here, i am very happy come here , nice to meet you .

indianavince

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My first thought too was vaccum leak associated with the brakes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals