• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hey Guys, Any tips or advice??

Christoph189

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I bought my Ranger back in January, Stock off the lot. Plain as could be. I've spent the past few months doing a few Mods, and upgrades. Here is what I have so far, a few before and after photos..Any advice or comments would be great to hear! Cheers!

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Brush guard, nerf bars and a big ghey wing on the rear end.

:p

Christoph189

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hehe thanks, definetly think some nerf bars would look great. I'm looking at a body lift next. Anybody know how much i would be looking at for a 3" body lift?

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good, you must be in Penticton or somewhere around there....

I like the rims and racing stripes aren't bad either. That's a nice install on the sub/amp, I've been thinking about pulling my rear seats out too...

You should get this:
http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?pk=48&pname=Part+#+26415+++++-+49"+White+&+Red+LED+Tailgate+Bar&p_cat=26

Not too expensive and it's a great custom mod. I've got one and I'm actually a little hesitant to tell you about them because there's isn't many around and I kinda want to keep it that way.

Lordco sells the 3" PA BL for about 250-300, they can tell ya exactly if you call them.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Looks good, you must be in Penticton or somewhere around there....

I like the rims and racing stripes aren't bad either. That's a nice install on the sub/amp, I've been thinking about pulling my rear seats out too...

You should get this:
http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?pk=48&pname=Part+#+26415+++++-+49"+White+&+Red+LED+Tailgate+Bar&p_cat=26

Not too expensive and it's a great custom mod. I've got one and I'm actually a little hesitant to tell you about them because there's isn't many around and I kinda want to keep it that way.

Lordco sells the 3" PA BL for about 250-300, they can tell ya exactly if you call them.
$80 for an LED strip??? ur crazy. u can get on ebay and buy one for like 20 bucks. save ur money and check ebay. i got some from there and they r water resistant easy to install and u can pick whatever color u want. i love how people waste money just bc something "is made for ur truck" for $80 bucks u can buy four of those strips and do an underbody gound effects kit. sorry man, not tryin to burn u just tryin to save people money

Christoph189

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cool, thanks guys. Yeah I'm from Osoyoos. I'll check out the lift kit from lordco, i was looking at a few places up in kelowna to install the lift, they quoted me on about a 10 hour job.. Does that sound about right?

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Cool, thanks guys. Yeah I'm from Osoyoos. I'll check out the lift kit from lordco, i was looking at a few places up in kelowna to install the lift, they quoted me on about a 10 hour job.. Does that sound about right?
yes they could easily get that done in ten hours. especially since u have a newer truck that doesnt look rusty at all. if u know a friend with a car lift then u could easily do it urself.

Christoph189

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, looks like the job isn't too hard to do, just the process of taking off the body. Im looking around right now just too see what it would cost for it to be done professionally. I just thought 10 hours sounded like quite a bit for a shop that does lifts on a regular basis! Thanks again!

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Those are very nice wheels but tires that big really have to be killing the giddyup from that little engine.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It takes a shop like 2hrs to do a bodylift

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
I like the looks of your Ranger. Might I suggest that you paint the area behind your grille so that the white doesn't show through. I'm running the 2.3 / 5 speed with 4:10s and 255/60-15s. It'll run 85 in 3rd.

Christoph189

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
With the tires, it`ll still get up and go. However i don`t think it would hurt to re-gear. Might not be a bad idea to paint the white behind the grille, it would definetly look a bit neater. I keep getting mixed estimates on body lifts, it seems that most places say about 6 hours of labour..Hmmph.

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
You should be able to do the body lift yourself with a couple buddies help in lifting the bed and cab once you are unbolted. AND you have the advantage of it being new. No rust, no real mud or anything. Take it down to one of the places that has the undercarriage washes first and then just go for it.

One Saturday, a case of beer and you'll be done. have the bolts unbolted before they come over to lift.

JFox4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L I4
Transmission
Manual
lift lift lift!! :icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals