RonD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Which Oil Light?

There is one for low oil in the oil pan, switch is on drivers side of oil pan usually

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finally got into my old account, I’m the OP here. Anyway that I can verify that the cluster is the issue? I have it taken apart and I see no blown capacitors or burnt traces on the board

Ron this is the switch on the block near the oil filter. They’re are no sensors on my pan.

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And now I’m stumped. I have continuity from the dummy light to the pin on the cluster. Any ideas?

RonD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
What vehicle are we diagnosing, 2001 Escape?

Because no oil light for pressure on Rangers, the gauge is on/off so same as a light

Ground the wire at the switch and light should go out, if not then problem is in the dash, assuming your wire test was good
If light goes out then you got a bad "new" switch..................................or, clogged oil passage tube
For the later, disable spark, you want a NO START
Remove switch and put towel around the hole, crank engine, oil should of course come out of the hole, and if plugged it should clear it, if no oil then it is good and plugged, lol.

Last edited:

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think I have a ground somewhere that is melted through or not making contact. I tried grounding it out at the sensor and the cluster itself I can make the lights dim but it will not go out. What is the best resource to look up wiring diagrams and ground locations