• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help!!

justins81213

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Awhile back I posted a thread about my truck having a hard shift on 2-3. I got a couple responses and decided to go with one. Today I was going to replace my valve body with a shift kit valve body. So I unbolted my pan and let some fluid out and then removed it. When I went through my pan I found half a piece of something. The piece is brass and not very big. Any idea what it may be? My truck is a 2006 Ford ranger sport 2wd 3.0. automatic the trans is a 5r44e and pictures are attached of what I found. Any help would be great!

Last edited:

Transman304

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler PT
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem
@RonD is correct that it is a pinion thrust washer. More than likely from the OD planets. Very common on these units. If you continue to drive it will lead to failure taking a lot of other parts with it. May have minimal damage at this point.

justins81213

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Truck has 150k on it an I going to need a rebuild or replacement? If it's starting to fail internally I'm assuming other pieces will break also?

Transman304

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler PT
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem
At this point it looks to be able to be rebuilt. But it will get worse if continued driving. Always go with a salvaged transmission or remanufactured.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals