• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help with Pricing 2001 2.3L

Zapp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Folks I'm headed to check out a Ranger XLT stretch-cab with a 5-spd, 2.3L 4cyl, 115,000 miles. its been pretty well maintained as best I can tell.
What should I offer?

I'm thinking 3500.... is that low?
tires are almost new.
I don't know if its had typical 100K maintenance things done. Adult owned & driven, not a toy

thx
z

khardrunner14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Have to check prices in your area as that will vary significantly. Obviously KBB and Edmunds are good places to start. I say you can always offer more, so start low!

I just bought an 02 for $1250 in great condition, but it needed a motor. Total for the truck and motor job was around $2300, and I think I got a decent deal.

4th ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If the truck is clean thats a good price I think.......100000 miles ,,barely broke in!

Zapp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Done Deal!

If the truck is clean thats a good price I think.......100000 miles ,,barely broke in!
Picking the little guy up tomorrow :icon_thumby:
$3450.

As I wrote in my other thread about cutin date for the 2.3 Duratec, this one is Manufactured 4/01.

I was quite impressed by the motor. Very eager little beast from the mid 2k range up to the ceiling. Very free-revving, slick, relaxed. I like the feel of it much better than the 3.0l's [no offense to the 3-heads]

I need a manual. If anyone knows of a download somewhere for an 01/02 2.3l please post back. This one has 115K and has been used very lightly. There's little wear on the bed at all... it was mainly a commuter, go-to-work car. Drives very smooth, good rubber, good alignment & balance.

One thing I noticed that I need to get to bottom of, and I guess I'll post anew about this: it has apparently a water stain line across the headliner just a few inches from the rear edge [its a stretch-cab]. I don't know if that was from someone cleaning it in the past or what. The owner had not even paid any attention to it. I looked for any possible leaks and the only thing I could even dream up is that perhaps the bed light is letting water in around the edge??? I will caulk it with clear silicon just to be sure.

Time to FARKLE!!

4th ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You farkle.... you clean it up :icon_rofl: Good purchase!!! sounds like a nice truck!!

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
One thing I noticed that I need to get to bottom of, and I guess I'll post anew about this: it has apparently a water stain line across the headliner just a few inches from the rear edge [its a stretch-cab]. I don't know if that was from someone cleaning it in the past or what. The owner had not even paid any attention to it. I looked for any possible leaks and the only thing I could even dream up is that perhaps the bed light is letting water in around the edge??? I will caulk it with clear silicon just to be sure.
It is definitely from that brake light on the cab. These are notorious for leaking, and when you pull the light off, you'll see why. There's pretty much no gasket or anything to seal the light against the cab. There's just a paper-thin piece of foam, which just absorbs the water. Good idea Ford. :annoyed: Just run some silicone around it and it won't leak anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals