• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP vacuum hoses 1988 2.3

1988Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This sounds retarded. But I took apart my intake manifold and I dont remember where the vacuum hoses hook up to the throttle body. Also where does the line running from the carbon can hook up to? Diagrams or pictures would be awesome. Thanks guys.

1988Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
c'mon guys. a little help? lol its running too rich

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Sorry, don't have pics of that setup...but you should have two or three vac lines...one for the egr, one for the brake booster, and maybe one that runs to the cold start nozzle on your breather...

If you are near a junkyard you can always drop in and try to find a recent arrival that hasn't been scavenged...or go to a Ford Dealership and ask them for the diagrams...(This is what I ended up doing five years ago because nobody had a picture on TRS)...

Someone here might have a pic to help you though because FI are more common that carbed versions...mine is carbed so it's not applicable...but there is also a basic diagram on the cross-member just inside the hood...that usually tells you how many hoses run and generally what they connect to...but it is far from being an actual schematic of the way things should go...

Hope this helps a bit...

Winger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Vaccum line Routing

I've had some recent experience with this on my 88. I'll try and describe were some of the hoses go. The line from the cannister routes up the drivers side of the upper intake and then wraps around behind it and connects to the metal line under the upper intake pointing to the rear. There is another fitting or line maybe just fwd and towards the passenger side that connects to the PCV hose going down to the PCV valve then to theair/oil separator on the block. Now my interpetation of the diagram has the vaccum line going from the EGR sensor to a T wich hooks to another black plastic fuel filter looking part that has the other side of it capped off! Its always been that way don't know why but seems to work... Of course the other outlet of the T goes back to the vaccum block on the top side of the upper intake. As Mark said the brake vaccum line goes to same vaccum block on top of the intake of course its one of the biggest on the back I believe. Then you've got 3 to 4 coming from the Air cleaner box that hook up to that same block and then the last one that I can think of is the MAP sensor line wich should be a plastic line like the one from the cannister with a few rubber connections in it going back to the firewall passenger side. There is the other breather line that goes from the valve cover to the throttle body and as previously mentioned the Idle air line that goes from the air box to the throttle body right next to the main air intake tube that ones pretty hard to mistake for anything else. My truck doesn't have any accessories on it so it may have less vaccum lines than you'res or they may have just used more Ts to hook up any other lines needed. Hope that helps!

1988Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I cant find the hook up for the line running from the carbon can or the hook up for the green hose...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Not sure if you're still working on this...but IIRC my canister actually had two lines...one thin black line going to the tank and one larger hose that fed into the intake through a valve that was on a split with another connector to the intake also...

1988Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the help

Winger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Update:

Sorry I may have led you a stray a bit on the green line it actually goes to the plastic T fitting then a vaccum line goes from the other side of the T to the EGR On the Upper intake. The third line goes down to a black plastic fuel filter looking affair that has one the other side of it capped off on mine anyway thats how its always been. That green vaccum line comes off of a vaccum control for the EGR thats over beside the airbox. It has a black line that comes off it also that goes to that vaccum block ontop of the upper intake. Did you ever find the fitting under the intake or the throttle body for the vaccum line comming off of the cannister?

powerwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hello i have a 88 2.3 wut winger say is right . i can post pics of mine if youd like my 2.3 is very clean owend by a old laddey till i got it so every thing is the way its soposed to be:icon_thumby: let me know if you want pics ill get some in the day light ps my camra ant the best so 6.2 meg and 3x zoom is wut iv got:annoyed:

1988Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
pictures would be awesome, thank you powerwagon!!!

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
techsection has a buncha stuff including diagrams.

1988Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I checked. not quite what I need. I need pictures from someone, if anyone would be so kind! lol

powerwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
o man i m sorry im a ass i had some naber problems:icon_confused: wich terned in to law probs:D then parents pissed:annoyed: then... damn i ll get my sorry ass out tomaro tack the pics and post em up:icon_thumby:

powerwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

1988Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
thanks a sh*tload dude, I really appreciate it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals