• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP!!!!!! PLEASE Lowering problems ...

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
So I bought a 2011 ranger ext cab and got them to install a DJM 2/3 lowering kit . Well the only way to explain it is macaroni salad !!!! I went to see the progress on it and the back is down 4" on one side the other side is 3.75" the front drivers side is down .5" and the passenger side is around an inch . The rear axle is crooked by an inch as well ? What is happening to my truck ? can anybody tell me what they think ford didn't do right and how this problem can be fixed . I really didn't think it was going to be this big of an issue to do a little 2/3 drop . Please Please help me ..

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Get us some pics of what your seeing so we can help with your problem!

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I wish I could but it is locked up at ford but I will swing by and see if I can get some pics . any thoughts on what the issues could be ?

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
at highway speeds when I push the clutch in I get a weird howl and grinding sound ? the front end wanders , what a mess these guys made of my truck ...
Why are the stock shocks in the rear the same length and the djm one different lengths ?
My diff looks like it is pointing way up , would a shim kit help all this ?

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Basicly sounds like they half assed it to hell. Iirc, you need shorter shocks front and rear (and bump stops i think), the lowering kit, a camber kit, and I believe the lowering kit comes with a spacer for the driveshaft bearing. All these things must be utilized or you'll have problems. I've no clue why each corner would be different heights other than assuming they half assed it.

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The funny thing is it was at the Ford dealerships custom shop were they do lift kits on those ridiculous ford 1 ton trucks that everyone drives these days , they were so re- assuring that they were the best guys for the job ... I asked about the pinion angle and they had no clue , the guy that installed it said that he didn't know anything about rear ends ? I still don't understand why the axle is sitting back one inch on one side and the other side is centred in the wheel well ? Once the battery in my camera is charged I will take some pics of what I can .

dangeranger93

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
I dont know much about the front a arm suspension but if they did a flip kit in the rear they could have donr it wrong, the hole for the pin is offset and they could have flipped it backwards.
my only idea for the front is if they put on new arms you are supposed to torque them on at ride height because of poly bushings, coil springs could be in the sealt wrong too, not sure what comes with a 2/3 on the new trucks

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
well after having a different shop look at it they basically said this kit doesn't fit my 2011 truck . The axle re-locator bracket is not the right size ? it doesn't fit they're to short , they are about 3/4" shorter than the axles hight so maintaining proper pinion angle would be tough . The springs in the front don't sit centred in the pockets for some reason ? they are rubbing on one side of the control arm and look like they are binding up , and I am guessing that is why the front sat up high ? So it is back to stock for me and I am taking this as a life lesson just to leave well enough alone . Thanks for the help everyone .

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I would have called the company that you got the lowering kit from to make sure that it worked for your truck.

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The fella at ford ordered it directly from DJM .

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
GET PICS OF YOUR TRUCK!! 98+ coil sprung rangers haven't changed!

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The shop that tried to fix the problem got it as good as it could be , they have the knowledge and the experience to have done the install . When they said the kit was crap I believe that , based on the fact of there reputation in town as being the best at what they do for over 25 years . They said to get upper and lower control arms to make the front right so if I do want to try it over again I may go that route , besides seeing the 2" drop made me realize that 4" would have been better . Thanks for the help everybody but by the end of tomorrow it'll be plain old stock .

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey casper98 how did the 2" lowered springs look in your truck when you installed them ? Did they sit centred or did they sorta touch part of the control arm ?

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
they sat like stock springs did they didn't rub anywhere.
here's 2/3 on stock tires

towtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
mine came down at least an inch more in the back and only came down an inch in the front ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals