• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help!!!!!!!!! ohc/dome/electrical issues

oldjohnny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Has this started happening recently? Or did this start when you switched to the Mustang dome light?

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
no when i switch he mustang dome light all was good. even after tonight what i did was take the blk/liht blue ohc wire and disconnected it fro mustand domelight blk/light blue wires that i had spliced together.

now may i mined you that btheir are no wires spliced into the dome light blk/blue wire ; but even when the domelight is connected with no other wires connected to it; it still stays on whe nthe door is open and closed. i spray PB blaster last night so we will see what happens tomorrow.

My cargo light still have a weird problem too. when my ddors are open the light goes off. but when i close the doors the cargo light comes on and stays on. idk beats me.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I watched the videos, man.... That makes me never want to wire anything again in my life!:bawling:

Can you confirm that the dome light doesn't fade out by itself after the door is closed for a minute? I don't know if you have keyless entry or not, but if you do, what happens if you close the doors and hit the lock button a couple times?
Also, are you saying the the Mustang dome light worked fine until you tried to wire in the OHC, and that you had no problems with the cargo lights until the OHC?

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
no the light does not fade out... i dont have keyless entry..... the dome/sunvisors/ohc all work fine before. it was when i connected the rear dimming mirror that things started to go south.

But I did get an answer somewhere else and I will try it over this weekend. I was told that the Gem control how much and when the dome light come on. The cargo light has one direct connection and that to the dimmer switch and as for the dome I may be getting some constant feed through the ground which can cause the cargo lights to stay on when i clos my doors.

So I was told that their are obviously 3 screws in the dome light; then right outer screws control the ohc green/orange
The top screw is for the black/light blue wire and the middle is the ground screw that connects to the body of the ranger. this is most likely the culprit as the ground screw is not contacting fully.

well i will check and see.

desertrat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are you sure you didnt short something during this retro process? Does this strange thing occur when you open and close just one door or both? If you have the old parts I would start by putting it back to standard and see if that still works as before or if you have built in another problem. If the old stuff does not work right and without knowing if the new circuitry is back feeding some way, I would start with the door switches. Maybe one or both has been damaged through the process of changing things. The door switches are inside the door on the latch mech. Take off the door panel(s) and unplug them, then see if the stuff works properly with the other switches. Worth a shot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals