• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP! no heat, and its cold here in the morning!

funkingonutz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
Ok its pretty much as stated above, i have no heat at all. I dont know why, the thermostat is newer(as of this summer) the heater hoses are hot and the temprature gauge is in the normal range,but inside the cab, if i put the climate control all the way to warm and turn on the fan, it blows in outside air (it was 44 degrees this morning)!
I know its kinda vauge but its all i can tell ya!
could ya help me out fellas (ladies can help too!!):)

funkingonutz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
oh yeah ..sorry...also my blower fan only works in one position...high. (i know...i need the blower resistor, 20.00 at ford.
could this have anything to do with it?

do i need a new heater core?? (i hope not)

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If the temp gauge is centered than it is not the thermostat. You don't NEED the other speeds for the blower motor, they are just a convenience. If both hoses are hot fluid is flowing through the heater core.
The most likely problem is that a pen fell down through the defroster duct and is now keeping the hot/cold door from closing.
It could still be the heater core as well, coolant isn't flowing through enough of the heater core to exchange any heat.
It would be helpful to know what you are working on but, they are basically the same.

funkingonutz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
pen????

ok sorry forgot to add...its a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT super 3.0 5speed 4x4:icon_hornsup:
that should narrow it down for ya
what do you mean a pen?? as in ink-stick the thing you write with? how could a pen get in there?

Last edited:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ya he meant an ink pen. they fall down the defroster duct and jamb up the blend door. whether thats the exact problem or not, it definitely sounds like a blend door issue of some sort.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There is an access panel for the heater core directly under the glove box. It is on the very bottom of the heater unit. There are 6 (I believe) 8mm head screws that hold the panel on. Once you have removed that panel you can reach up into the opening for the blend door. If you put one hand in there and work the blend door slowly with the other hand you can find the problem. If the door is closing fully to the hot position then, The next most likely problem is the heater core. You may be able to back flush the heater core and get a little heat.
A new heater core is like $20 and is really simple to change. You shouldn't be scared of it.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals