• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help needed?

Matt77

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy
Engine Size
5.1 and 8.1
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys,
If anyone needs help with their PC or other tech products, I am here to help, at no cost of course! I've got a side job in IT services, and I'm trying to get my name out there over here in Los Angeles. I'm trying to start a company- Galant ITS (I.T. Services,) but legal costs are holding me back. I've made a decent amount in profits from creating rack server setups for some small companies in the area through networking, and designing websites and building good hosting servers, etc. I also build PC's, so let me know if you need any help whatsoever. Every so often, if someone needs a part, I'll have it and send it your way for free. $100 or less never hurt anyone, and if there is a god up there, it may give me cred when I decide to check out :)

My current PC build is:
Intel Server Motherboard- 2 socket
1x Intel Xeon processor @ 3.00GHZ (Another in the mail, for other socket)
4GB EEC RAM (hard to find, and expensive as hell, but cuts down on BSOD's)
MSI AfterBurner R6670 1GB GFX Card- Got it for $20 at Fry's, I was on a budget
RAID setup with 4 100GB SSD's
WiFi Card with external antennas
12 Fan setup, including Memory fan and Heatspreaders.

I host servers and game lightly :)

Every so often, I will post free parts or PC's, and the person who posts first gets it!
I'll either put up a decent video card or a iBook G4 for giveaway in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned!

Thanks a ton for reading this far,
Matt

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Hey Matt, good of you to offer your services...free...and parts...free...and you are also giving away an iBook or video card???

You must be doing well...but I thought you said in your first post you were only 16...you seem pretty advanced in the IT field if you are building servers and whatnot...starting your own company and all...I know many younger guys (and girls) that kick my butt when it comes to IT so it wouldn't surprise me at all that you are doing all that already...

I went to school with a guy (it was computer science courses that were new to me) and he was only 19 but ended up in long discussions with the C+ teacher and proving him wrong many many times...I wished he'd have shut up sometimes because I knew it was way over my head (when I was struggling with getting "hello world" to show up on the screen)...

Anyway...I'm sure many people will appreciate your input...there are quite a few people on here with great computer and networking skills...many of them work in the field...I used to but I got fed up with trying to get certs to get even a basic job...you can teach an old dog new tricks...and you can lead a horse to water...and you can break a camels back with one more straw...and water rolls off a ducks back...and...I forgot what I was going to say...lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals