• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help Need Double Lift Knowledge

jakey the snakey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a suspension lift on my 2wd 01 ranger. 4 inch in front and 2 in back, spindle and shackle. I would like to know, if I were to do a 3 inch body lift so I can fit 33's or 35's, what should I need to prepare for as far as extending brake lines or steering column length and any other advice you may have

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
A body lift does just the body and the bed, and does not affect suspension or brake lines.

If you get a Performance Accessories body lift kit, it should have everything you need to do this mod, as opposed to buying or building everything separately.

In the kit, you'll have longer grade 8 bolts-washers-nuts, 3" polyurethane blocks, steering extension, radiator drop brackets, E-brake bracket, and 2 front and 2 rear bumper lift brackets. It looks absolutely retarded when people don't relocate their bumpers.

The lift can be done in half a day, and get a buddy to help. Take your time, get a long 2x4 or handle or something to lever the body off the frame.

Youtube some videos. They are everywhere.

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
A body lift does just the body and the bed, and does not affect suspension or brake lines.

If you get a Performance Accessories body lift kit, it should have everything you need to do this mod, as opposed to buying or building everything separately.

In the kit, you'll have longer grade 8 bolts-washers-nuts, 3" polyurethane blocks, steering extension, radiator drop brackets, E-brake bracket, and 2 front and 2 rear bumper lift brackets. It looks absolutely retarded when people don't relocate their bumpers.

The lift can be done in half a day, and get a buddy to help. Take your time, get a long 2x4 or handle or something to lever the body off the frame.

Youtube some videos. They are everywhere.

+1 on the retardation of not lifting bumpers. Or would it be -1?

Do your body lift properly. A lot of us have learned that we wished we would have spent a little bit more money and saved a ton of headache :icon_thumby:

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Definitely a -1 ... per bumper.

I finally saw my first hockey puck body lift last Fall. It wasn't as bad as people have made it out to be. Now, for daily street use, dunno.

jakey the snakey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys for the help ive been wondering whether or not I should do it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals