• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help! my truck is making a weird noise when clutch is pressed in

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
and look in the owners manual and put the correct ones in the correct places, there is a diagram there, ya kno.
I know there is but when I bought this truck there wasn't an owners manual. It had nothing to do with the fuses. I put the constant power wire to the ACC radio wire, and somehow one of those wires operated the safety mechanism on the clutch which made the starter motor kick on when the clutch was pressed in. This isn't my first install I was just trying to figure out what was causing my radio not work, so I just put a shitload of wires together to try and get it to work. When it finally did work I checked all of the electronics and they all worked so I just threw it back together. Then that happened...

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
I know there is but when I bought this truck there wasn't an owners manual. It had nothing to do with the fuses. I put the constant power wire to the ACC radio wire, and somehow one of those wires operated the safety mechanism on the clutch which made the starter motor kick on when the clutch was pressed in. This isn't my first install I was just trying to figure out what was causing my radio not work, so I just put a shitload of wires together to try and get it to work. When it finally did work I checked all of the electronics and they all worked so I just threw it back together. Then that happened...
Err, you didn't do what you thought you did. It sounds like you should step away from the truck NOW, do not start it, do not move ANY MORE WIRES. Take a picture of what you did and post it here, or get friend that knows what he is doing to look at it. The clutch interlock wiring is not related to the stereo wiring in ANY WAY. You DO NOT EVER "put a shitload of wires together" just to see what happens. Sounds to me like to discom****ulated everything under the dash you could get your greasy paws on.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Err, you didn't do what you thought you did. It sounds like you should step away from the truck NOW, do not start it, do not move ANY MORE WIRES. Take a picture of what you did and post it here, or get friend that knows what he is doing to look at it. The clutch interlock wiring is not related to the stereo wiring in ANY WAY. You DO NOT EVER "put a shitload of wires together" just to see what happens. Sounds to me like to discom****ulated everything under the dash you could get your greasy paws on.
Agreed :icon_thumby:

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

epic.

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
.... When you release the magic smoke from the electronics under your dash, it won't be pretty.

mr_wright

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
harsh but ... word.

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
Screw all of you guys. I know what I did, I didn't **** anything up, the only thing I touched was the radio harness. I'm not an idiot and I don't appreciate it when someone talks to me like I am.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Screw all of you guys. I know what I did, I didn't **** anything up, the only thing I touched was the radio harness. I'm not an idiot and I don't appreciate it when someone talks to me like I am.
There is no way the only thing you touched was the radio wiring harness. I mean, I'm not looking at the truck and I didn't watch you do it, but I'm really suspicious. Now go take a picture of what you did, so me or someone else can tell you what's up. Based on your description of what you did, it sounds like you were digging under there trying wires without knowing what they were, and that can be a very expensive mistake. It's your wallet man.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
There is no way the only thing you touched was the radio wiring harness. I mean, I'm not looking at the truck and I didn't watch you do it, but I'm really suspicious. Now go take a picture of what you did, so me or someone else can tell you what's up. Based on your description of what you did, it sounds like you were digging under there trying wires without knowing what they were, and that can be a very expensive mistake. It's your wallet man.
that's better, you were just being a dick before. I put the red and black wire with the green and purple wire that were both coming out of the radio harness.

First off, go here and download your owners manual.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

Fix your fuse box and take it from there.
thanks mike, appreciate it bud

+rep for you:icon_thumby: edit: at least I would but I gave it to you last time I gave someone rep lol

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
thanks mike, appreciate it bud

+rep for you:icon_thumby: edit: at least I would but I gave it to you last time I gave someone rep lol
No problem man.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals