• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help me stalling and questions

d_bo357

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So heres the deal... I am having stalling and bucking issues upon acceleration? I've checked the other threads and have tried everything. Mechanic replaced the tps, iac, rebuilt carb.new egr valve positioner, new tranny rebuild, plugs, wires, air filter, breather filter, fuel filter, valve seals..... so heres the questions!I had the timing checked after replacing the tps, found vacuum leaks on the vac solenoid going to the carb about a month later , so i repaired the vac leaks would that screw with the timing?Cleaned all sensors!,*Had codes pulled, and everthing is great except, code 25 knock sensor, its right above the starter and is discontinued, I went to the pull and pay and found one and replaced it, I disconnected the battery for atleast an hour to reset the codes but the mechanic told me hed have to rest them, is this true? And also I cant find any 25 code during the engine running test, I watched him do it with a snap on scanner and read the code.Its a manual trans, 31"tires........I cant do duraspark conversion at all I live in the denver metro area so please don't tell me to rip it all out and do it.Please any advice at all would help or if anyone is in the denver metro that would like to come and take a look at this let me know, I'll buy u a case of beer and give some cash!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Have you properly adjusted the carburetor? As for resetting the computer yes, you disconnect the battery, and sometimes people will actually turn the ignition on after disconnecting the battery just to deplete any remaining power that may be in the system. Let it set for about a half hour or longer, make sure everything is hooked up, including whatever you replaced, then reconnect the battery and start it up let it run, drive it around, etc to get it up to operating temperature, it should clear the codes form what I understand if everything is connected properly and all the sensors are working like they should the codes should be gone.

I had the same problems with mine, I took the vacuum line off the EGR Valve and plugged it, then adjusted the carburetor which was so far out of adjustment that it made me wonder how it ran at all. Another thing too, may sound stupid, but make sure the carburetor is securely mounted because if its not it can suck air in under the carburetor and cause all sorts of odd operating problems.

If I lived closer I'd look into it for you, but I live in western Idaho.

d_bo357

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for ur reply. I have not I assumed the mechanic did it after the rebuils.ill take a look at it in the A.M.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals