• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help Me Find A Good Exhaust ? Please?

Penten

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V-6
Transmission
Manual
I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Chime In With Some Suggestions For A New Exhaust System For My 88 Ranger 2.9L A Good Combination Of Deep Sound And Performance Would Be Very Nice.

Thanks For Taking Your Time To Look. Hope You Can Help :yahoo:

DNGRNGR89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I recently bought a thrush muffler from O'reilly's. I'm pretty happy with the deep tone on my 2.3

DFracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
flowmaster 40 series dumped before the axle always sound good on rangers, it should give you a deep low end and a high performance sounding top end

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Flowmasters are loud, tinny, give drone in cab, and rot out. If you want to be noticed and make noise, go flowmaster.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Flowmasters don't drone in the cab, unless you have the exhaust dumped under it. They don't rot out, but I guess that depends on the weather conditions where you live. After trying different mufflers -- including the thrush turbo and welded muffler, and an aero turbine -- the flowmaster definately sounds the best. I recommend the super 44, they sound good on 2.9's, but Just remember that your truck will never sound great like a v8, but the flowmasters are as close to perfection that you can acheive with a v6.

BigHead

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i got flowmaster 40 series and turndown over rear axle on 3.0 and i have had numerous people ask me if it was a v8...(at idle ) its sounds ALMOST as good as my buddies stang with factory 5.0 and flowmasters ....I have been more tha pleased with the sound of my flowmaster 40:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals