• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help me decide...

BSU541

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6 from an '02 Ranger.
Transmission
Manual
I really want to paint the very bottom lip of the rocker panels on my Mazda like FordMan49450's...

I'm worried that it would turn out crappy though. I know he used a rhino lining type material, but i would just use paint. I have some questions.....

1)What type of paint should I use?
2)How should I clean the paint before I paint it?
3)How many coats would it take?

I'm really hoping I could do this myself to save money, a local paint shop wanted $300 bucks to do it.

Any help would be appreciated...:icon_cheers:

I know topics just like this have been asked before, but I can't get the search function to work for some reason..:dunno:

Thanks!

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
He used some sort of stuff online. He either rolled it or sprayed it on himself if I remember right. He also did his bumpers and fender flares.

YOU could do it cheap by rolling it on there your self, like herculiner or something.

Prep is the most important thing. You could do the best job laying it, but it won't stick unless you prep it right. Degreaser, scuffing it with 400 grit paper, and masking it off would be good ideas. Make sure is clean.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals