• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help Identifying part

ae_ce23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 89 2.9l v6 that is http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/2_9_Page.html

on the second photo down..
driver side valve cover near cylinder #4, entangled below hoses and electrical wires is a round black cap held to the valve cover with a rubber friction seal, and a hose running away the the carb... one repair manual refer to it as a oil filter...

i cant find this part online... I think I have the wrong name..

the rubber is gone now... its been removed till i find a replacement... but its sneezing oil all over the engine as i drive around... any ideas would be great...

I dont even know the function of this part... maybe its like another larger pcv or something...

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you're talking about the breather filter, they sell them at autozone for about $5 (part number BF3412 @ autozone) here's a link to it, in the pic it's upside down btw
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Routine+Maintenance&fromType=parts&fromString=search&parentId=42-0&currentPage=1&filterByKeyWord=breather+filter&isSearchByPartNumber=false&navValue=14200542&categoryNValue=14299999&fromWhere=&itemId=542-0&displayName=Breather+Filter&searchText=breather+filter

it has a hose that connects to the bottom of the throttle body, from what i gather, it sends leftover fuel/air mixture back in the intake to get burnt

ae_ce23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
thats it

Im looking for the gasket/seal for it that holds it into the valve cover... napa didnt have it... Is it a generic part... that is the right part... i dont know why one manual calls it a oil filter lol...

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
Im looking for the gasket/seal for it that holds it into the valve cover... napa didnt have it... Is it a generic part... that is the right part... i dont know why one manual calls it a oil filter lol...
apparently your napa guy isn't that great. NAPA part number for the grommet is: CRB 29104

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
oh i see, i've actually been looking for one myself and the PCV valve.....autozone didnt have them or anything that i could match up to it

ae_ce23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
you guys are good.. it was the same size as my pcv valve..

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ae_ce23, i took that part number into my napa guy yesterday, they had to order in from another store here in NC but they have it, he said they didnt have a listing for the PCV valve grommet, but like you said in your last post, they're the same size

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals