• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP,I dont now?

Campbell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello again, Can anybody tell me if the under hood wiring harness for a 3.0 in a 98 is the same as in a 2000, 98 is non flex 2000 is Flex fuel, I got the 98 without an engine or any thing else under the hood no engine wiring harness from the cowl forward except the wiring in and around the fuse relay box so in other words i took the wiring harness from the 2000 FF engine and hooked it up to the98 engine and original PCM from 98 and it wont start but if i hook up another PCM from a 98 doner and it would start and run like its supposed only IF you push the gas pedal all the way and i tried to drive it up on ramps i had all i could do to get it up on ramps because the trans acted like it was in both reverse and drive at the same time it took several attempts to get it up on the ramps also at the same time the theft light stopped blinking and the power lock would not let you lock the doors but you could unlock them, I am really starting to get discouraged ,any help will b greatlly appreciated

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Obviously it's not the same. Do you still have access to the 2000? Why not go ahead and change ALL the electrical in the 98 to the 2000 wiring. I would think that would work if all the components in the 98 still plugged into the 2000 wiring harness plugs. If you run into problems, will the 2000 component giving trouble swap over and bolt in also? Like the dash cluster. Will the 2000 dash cluster install in the 98?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hello again, can anybody tell me if the under hood wiring harness for a 3.0 in a 98 is the same as in a 2000? 98 is non flex 2000 is Flex fuel I got the 98 without an engine or any thing else under the hood, no engine wiring harness from the cowl forward except the wiring in and around the fuse relay box. In other words i took the wiring harness from the 2000 FF engine and hooked it up to the98 engine and original PCM from 98 and it wont start but if i hook up another PCM from a 98 donor and it would start and run like its supposed only IF you push the gas pedal all the way. I tried to drive it up on ramps i had all i could do to get it up on ramps because the trans acted like it was in both reverse and drive at the same time, it took several attempts to get it up on the ramps. At the same time the theft light stopped blinking and the power lock would not let you lock the doors but you could unlock them. I am really starting to get discouraged, any help will be greatly appreciated!
You said any help.

It might not be the help you wanted but I did what I could.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals