• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help confirm my thoughts on rear hatch lock - please

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I think you have to wobble out the mounting holes. I put one on my grandsons 88.

SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco 2
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Safety Second
Mine has a replacement hatch handle w/ no key slot. There is no provisions in the hatch for power locks, nor is there a hole in the plastic liner for a lock-pull. It looks like it was strictly controlled via the original hatch handle.

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It must be the rear wiper that may cause problems with the lock. Can you not pull the rear panel and modify a rod and drill a small hole in the panel and at least lock it from the inside? Just a thought.

SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco 2
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Safety Second
It must be the rear wiper that may cause problems with the lock. Can you not pull the rear panel and modify a rod and drill a small hole in the panel and at least lock it from the inside? Just a thought.
There is a support brace that's part of the rear hatch that is replaced by a removable panel in the hatch that has the lock as a separate cylinder. I've already source another hatch w/ a lock as well as the window that opens. I'm on my way to a solution.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad