• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP! can't figure out this cap/topper's color any opinions?

4DR99'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/1556678192.html

the story is that i am picking up my new to me 99 Toreador metallic red ranger this weekend. i'm flying up to albany ny, from Virginia ad driving it back down here. i am in need of a topper/cap and saw this add on craigslist which happens to be on my way home from picking p the truck. my only dalemma is that i can't figure out if it is the right color or not. sometimes i think its not then i figure there may be alot of lite on the cap that makes it lighter in color than it really is. any opinion would help alot. i have to make a decision by friday. thanks guys

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
nice dude. how about is it toreador red or not? i should be more specific

How in the world can we tell from a photograph? not possible there are way too many variables.

call the seller and ask

4DR99'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
How in the world can we tell from a photograph? not possible there are way too many variables.

call the seller and ask
the issue is the seller had it on his white ranger. i am just asking for opinions from anyone who is familiar with the toreador red metallic ford color. i understand the variables are a factor thats whats throwing me off as well. any opinions would help thanks again

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4

the story is that i am picking up my new to me 99 Toreador metallic red ranger this weekend. i'm flying up to albany ny, from Virginia ad driving it back down here. i am in need of a topper/cap and saw this add on craigslist which happens to be on my way home from picking p the truck. my only dalemma is that i can't figure out if it is the right color or not. sometimes i think its not then i figure there may be alot of lite on the cap that makes it lighter in color than it really is. any opinion would help alot. i have to make a decision by friday. thanks guys
It looks red to me:icon_confused:

nate09

Reaction score
perhaps you could post a picture of the color truck youre looking at?

on a side note.... wouldnt that cap only fit to 93? or would the change in body style not make a difference?

EDIT: i dont think it would match. that red is too bright and toreador red seems to be a darker red.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
nice dude. how about is it toreador red or not? i should be more specific
I think torreodor is a bit darker than that, but it is hard to tell from a photo.

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
you can probably find one cheaper than that anyway, i see them for like $250 all the time

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
the issue is the seller had it on his white ranger. i am just asking for opinions from anyone who is familiar with the toreador red metallic ford color. i understand the variables are a factor thats whats throwing me off as well. any opinions would help thanks again
its definitely not metallic paint, its a solid red and it will fit but not right on a 94+ ranger. the cab is quite different

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well its not the metallic red and thus its going to be brighter then the truck and obviously not metallic.

Since the seller had it on his 4 door ranger I would assume that it is a newer model and would fit on the 99.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

Your truck is the same color as my 99 Ranger Supercab 4 dr. The topper looks a lot like my color. $400 is a bit much..offer him $300 and get it. I would if I needed a topper!!!

Straycat

4DR99'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Your truck is the same color as my 99 Ranger Supercab 4 dr. The topper looks a lot like my color. $400 is a bit much..offer him $300 and get it. I would if I needed a topper!!!

Straycat
any pics of your ride? yeah i offered him 300 to take it off his hands. i think it will be alright its not the exact match but its not cherry red though. i'll post up some pics next week when i get it.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
any pics of your ride? yeah i offered him 300 to take it off his hands. i think it will be alright its not the exact match but its not cherry red though. i'll post up some pics next week when i get it.

I posted a few on here. Search my user ID or PM me and I can attach some photos.

Straycat

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals