• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP! 3.0L V6 Duratec con rod bolt torque.

Otis413

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I can't find this information anywhere, a google search brings up lots of info for the Vulcan V6 but nothing for the Duratec V6 (DOHC).
I have a 2011 Ford Escape with a 3.0L V6 FlexFuel Duratec DOHC engine, a tapping noise led us to pull off the oil pan and turns out it lapped a connecting rod bearing. A bit of clean-up work and the crank and c-rod look good. I ordered the bearings from RockAuto but I can't find the torque sequence for the connecting rods anywhere...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Otis413

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, got up early thismorning and made the two hour round trip to town, paid $25.oo for a Haynes manual, so just for the record:

Duratec 3.0L V6 connecting rod bolts, torque in two steps, step 1: 17 ft.lbs (23Nm), step 2: 32 ft.lbs (43Nm)

Source: Haynes Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute 2001-2017 book # 36022

Otis413

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sure everybody's been on the edge of their seats about how this turned out, well so far so good, we got everything back together today, (BTW, aluminum bearings? I guess I'm just behind the times, and I reused the original con rod bolts) Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 and filter. Let it idle till it was warmed up and took it for a test drive, sounds and feels like its old self.. I'll take it easy for the next hundred miles or so, under 3k RPM, I really don't like those aluminum bearings.
Fingers crossed! :)

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

Otis413

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Uuugh, the con rod must have been damaged, it started knocking again last night... I guess I'll just park it till we can find a good used motor, if not it might be a winter rebuild project.... Oh well, just out $30.oo for the bearings and $35.oo for the oil and filter... and time... :-(

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals