• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from new york

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hi everyone, my name is Kyle and i live in syracuse new york. i previously had a 1986 ranger with a 302 and 33"s, but after hitting a jump at 85 mph i needed a new one lol. so now i have a 2000 xlt 4wd 3.0 with 31"s soon to be 35"s, ill have pics soon and hopefully a few ppl on here know some good trails out my way.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Good to have ya here dude! Let's see them pics! What exactly happened on that 85mph jump? Lol

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
well i was at a spot called split rock quarry and there was a 4wheeler jump n after doin sum donuts n rock crawlin a bit i got a lil crazy n let my adrenalin get the best of me so i lined her up and put it n 2wd n floored it n off i went lol,my buddy was off to the side n said it looked like i went about 60 ft out if not further.. damage list after landing: all shocks blown, trans locked up, blown motor, cracked windshield/headlight, all four seat bolts got broke im assuming from impact the tires n rims held up surprisingly, o and my tool box flew out n mid air lol but o well u only live once u hav to enjoy it right? i hav pics on my facebook page of both my rangers and sum of my other cars, but id like to set up a ranger meet out here n ny myb at quaker steak n lube n go wheelin with sum other rangers, its all jeep guys out here lol :annoyed:

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Ha ha ha that's what happens when you're havin a good time! I'm not a fb member so I can't see your pics:(

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
o that sux, im still tryin to figure out how to put my facebook id into my profile, im more of a mechanic than a comp geek, but i consider that a good thing, mud & rocks are more fun neway

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i was at a spot called split rock quarry and there was a 4wheeler jump n after doin sum donuts n rock crawlin a bit i got a lil crazy n let my adrenalin get the best of me so i lined her up and put it n 2wd n floored it n off i went lol,my buddy was off to the side n said it looked like i went about 60 ft out if not further.. damage list after landing: all shocks blown, trans locked up, blown motor, cracked windshield/headlight, all four seat bolts got broke im assuming from impact the tires n rims held up surprisingly, o and my tool box flew out n mid air lol but o well u only live once u hav to enjoy it right? i hav pics on my facebook page of both my rangers and sum of my other cars, but id like to set up a ranger meet out here n ny myb at quaker steak n lube n go wheelin with sum other rangers, its all jeep guys out here lol :annoyed:
hit up the guys at cnyjeep.org . pretty good people, and they have quite a few trail rides. they also have about 3 or 4 members with rangers. i was a member until i moved to nc from binghamton, ny. just dont ruin trails or act retarded and they wont scold you, lol. look for a trail ride posting and ask if its ok you join. i know paul (cant remember his screen name) is on here as well.

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
yea, i was thinkn bout it, i was actually just at a king of trucks event and they set up the course i was on at the show, i could give it a try but i deff aint puttin a sticker that says cnyjeep on my truck haha, besides my windshield already says danger ranger, i just assumed they were jeep only like alot of groups out here

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lol, yeah, no jeep stickers please. you dont have to put one on, lol. you actually have to pay for one if you want it. expect minor ball busting for driving a ford in a jeep club, but just roll with it for a while before you start throwing back jeep jokes... let them get to know you first! lol.

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
yea a buddy of mine has a cherokee n i put one of those pink "silly boys jeeps are for girls" stickers on it lmfao, it was there for a week before he noticed, but yea as far as ruinin the trails im not sure wat u mean, like throwin trash around? dont get me wrong im nvr buyin a prius but i still respect the outdoors, im jus not sure id fit n well wit the jeep crowd i might b a lil too rough lol

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they're huge on anti trespassing and the tread lightly philosophy, which they should be.

TiaZ

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, I'm a newbie from Canada, good to meet you here.
I've just registered and am enjoying the forum: very interesting threads, useful information and a lot of new things to discover.
Have a good day, everybody!

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
interesting.... im also from canada, lol. its a pretty big place, which part in particular?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals