• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from Louisville

Everlearn

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hello folks!
I’m a lifelong Ford guy, learned to drive in a 1964 Ford Fairlaine 500 coupe with 289 and auto trans. Currently I have a 2003 black on black 4x4 Edge 4.0 long bed extended cab, was the dealer demo with every available option. I also have a 1992 Mustang notch back with 550hp at the wheels. I’m sorta retired at age 66, and just acquired a bone stock 1985 2wd. The body is nearly perfect, garage kept. A good friend I do work for saw I wanted the truck, and though I’m well capable of buying it, he stepped in and bought it for me as thanks for the work I do for him. I’ll be posting the progress of the resto. Best of all, this little truck was built right here in Louisville, less than 5 miles from my house!

Oxxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hello and welcome to TRS!

Fastech370ca

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger Sup
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Welcome to TRS. I also had a 2003 which I ordered from the factory with everything. I sold it with 91000 on it and never a bit of trouble. Hang on to yours. I now have a 1996. I've swapped in a cluster with tach from an Explorer along with the seats and console from the same donor. Still working on getting the console in and an issue with the cluster.

Lots of good information on here and help.

Attachments

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Best of all, this little truck was built right here in Louisville, less than 5 miles from my house!
I guess it's coming home to roost/rejuvenate?

Welcome, Please have a look in the How to sections as there is quite a bit of info there to help out while working on your rebuild.

Everlearn

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Welcome to TRS. I also had a 2003 which I ordered from the factory with everything. I sold it with 91000 on it and never a bit of trouble. Hang on to yours. I now have a 1996. I've swapped in a cluster with tach from an Explorer along with the seats and console from the same donor. Still working on getting the console in and an issue with the cluster.

Lots of good information on here and help.
Yes absolutely , I’ve lurked this site for years. Lots of repairs start here, looking for info. My ‘03 had to be pressed into service as a work truck about 10 years ago. One of those “sh*t went sideways” life changing events forced me to liquidate all my cars & other toys in order to survive. I held on to the ‘03 & my Mustang thru all of it and am now clear of those nightmares. The plan was to repaint and put a new interior in the ‘03 this fall, but the ‘85 has stolen my attention. She got a new factory crate motor a few years ago due to a shipping mixup. The original motor fragged on the road back from Cinci. I was supposed to get a refurb crate but the installer pulled the wrong motor from stock and I got a brand new motor. Was weeks before they figured it out but I was long gone. She’s had a few of the typical failures, blend motor, shifter bolt fell out, window motors, wiper linkage, door switches. Typical wear n tear has been far less than other cars I’ve had for certain. But all in all I’ve never owned a more reliable vehicle.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals