• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater/thermostat/vacuum problem

slychicken37

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Currently my 2001 Ranger 2.3L has had some trouble with the heater temperature.

For the past month when I start it (very cold outside) the engine makes a slight singing noise but once warmed up this goes away. Now I havent noticed the sound as much even though it is a little warmer, but to my surprise as of yesterday my truck does not blow hot air any more. Temperature guage is normal, no overheating but absolutely no heat comes from the vents. One strange thing happened to me yesterday on my way home though. As I was driving all of a sudden my temp gauge spikes to way over hot, so I shut of the engine and while coasting restarted it and it was at normal. I cycle the temperature knob and I hear the door actuators moving so I assume they are OK. Any thoughts?

Could it be a bad Thermostat? Blocked Heater Core? Bad Water Pump? Electical Problem of sorts?

Supposed to get cold next week and I like heat.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would flush and refill your coolant. If you did not have a good mixture the coolant might've froze up in the lines which could cause everything you just described. You can buy a cheap tester which will tell you if you have the mixture right (and the approximate freezing point).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals