• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heads up for anyone going with Ruff Stuff One Ton TRE kit

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
So one of the TREs went bad. No big deal until I went to order another one. Ruff stuff does there kit with the high angle drag link TRE Right hand thread. So the one at the Y is left hand thread well es2234L (Left had thread) is pretty much a special order. After stepping back and trying to figure out if i could track one down locally or not its pretty much an order only one. Which If you look at Ballistic fabs kit There kit comes with Left hand thread drag link TRE and two es2234r (right hand thread TREs) that are super common and I can go into the local parts house and get them. Even the Left hand Drag link TRE is super common. I get where they were going but hand Left hand stuff is on the passenger side right hand is drivers side but I didn't realize one of the TREs was a special one that MOOG makes for the offroad stores. So I'm changing out my high angle drag link TRE for a Left hand one and then that way all the TREs can be bought off the shelf of any parts house. The high angle Drag link, Two right hand TREs and the normal Y link. All normal chevy one ton TRE stuff.

More common parts are always a plus. Especially if MOOG ever quits making them.

PS all I have to do is flip my Drag link bar 180*s and change out the TRE and the high angle TRE and things are flipped.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals