• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Headlights - who makes good ones?

Scott B.

EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I would like to replace the headlights on my '93. Searching eBay, etc., finds many replacements.

The question is, which one(s) work, and which are junk?

I wouldn't mind switching to a project style light if they work. I don't think I will swap in HID - 9007s are pretty bright. I run auxiliary lights off road.

Thanks.

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i have the ebay projectors in my 94. the projector itself is wired in seperately like an auxiliary light though. the output is decent but i wouldnt run hid's in them because the way the light is spread

13kidd

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I bought Spyder Auto projector headlights for my 98 and ill never go back to reflection based headlights again. The headlights came with their own halogen bulbs and even the halogens in the projector housing was 10X better than stock, but once I threw HID's into the projectors I totally fell in love with my purchase of the projectors. When buying projectors, which I highly recommend you do, make sure to really research the company and their products and stay away from eBay headlights, very cheap and aren't built to last. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364082830.095441.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364082846.336640.jpg

Attachments

TheEscapist

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to bump a dead thread but I work at Spyder in City of Industry and we're currently looking for 2001-11 Ford Rangers to demonstrate how to install our 1-piece projectors and a 2001-05 model to demonstrate how to install the LED tails - the trucks featured get to keep either projector headlights or LED tails in exchange for coming out.

Email photos of your truck and your contact info to RobertT@spyderauto.com so I can get you scheduled to come in.

first come first serve!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals