• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Halo Projector question

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
Hey, so there's this set of Halo Projectors for my F150 on craigslist RIGHT NOW for $50, and I really want to get them, but are they any good? My boyfriend said they aren't all that great. I've googled about them and searched on here, but I want personal answers.

$50..... and they'd slip right into my F150 riiiiight now... (even though it's half an hour drive to go buy them) and the craigslist add comes with stock mirriors... which would be a nice just in case some idiot touches my truch kind of thing.

here's the link

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/pts/2971713500.html

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
They look like El Cheepo aftermarket ones (usually $200 or so)... You would need an HID kit to run them I believe.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
They look cool, but you won't see any better with them over stock. For that price I'd go get them...

The projector part is separate from the headlights, which should be plug 'n play with the stock plug/bulbs.

You'll need to install a typical Bosch relay and switch for the projectors.

No need for HID wiring and yes, they most likely are the cheap stuff so I do not recommend HID in these...they might melt!

I say go for it!:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
Id rather get nice good headlights because in winter it gets DARK here, and good headlights could mean life of death with a moose on the road. When I drove the 6 hours to Arctic Man my headlights we not enough at all. I wanna have good headlights and a HID light bar or some light force.

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
Im gonna get some kind of light bar, but I want a lot pro one on the bottom of my grill. MY buddy put one in that little gap on his bumper and it's freaking SWEEEEEET!!! I do want a headache rack too.... but I gotta be able to load my snowmachine in the back. And I'm gonna shop for a tow package (eventually) First thing I'm going to get when I can save up enough money is side rails so I don't have to jump to get in my truck, plus side rails make heals look more sexy. HAHAHA I love my shoes.

My theme for this truck is gonna be the blue with pink and camo. Oh hell yes. I'm going to do two 1/2 inch stripes along the sides, one in pink and one in camo. Then replace the cheap walmart chrome sticker wrap along the bottom with camo with a little bit of pink highlights in it. (gonna make a custom wrap)

My dad was telling me about this spray one stuff that you can custom design.

Hopefully by next summer I can afford summer time rims. So my future Blizaks will stay on the stock rims and the I really wish I can get some of those Mt/R Kevlar tires on nice black and pink rims.

This is gonna be a straight of lady truck. :thefinger: Hell yeah!!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I would just like to point out that "HID conversions" are crap, unaimable, and unapproved by FDOT and thus illegal for public road use at the federal level, which means all 50 states.

I don't know what you mean by "dark" but I really can't imagine that you can get any darker than night with no moon and cloud cover which I have dealt with most of my life driving at night.

I realize you have lower than average levels of light pollution in AK, but Dillsburg doesn't really have much to speak of either, not while I was driving there anyway. My factory headlights were sufficient, maybe you should look into an optometrist instead of headlight upgrades.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
I would just like to point out that "HID conversions" are crap, unaimable, and unapproved by FDOT and thus illegal for public road use at the federal level, which means all 50 states.
Laws are only a problem if they are enforced. I have a HID conversion on my '96 F`150 and it absolutely does not need any supplemental lighting.:icon_hornsup:

Flash your brights at me and I'll burn out your retna....:icon_surprised:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Flash your brights at me and I'll burn out your retna....:icon_surprised:
Because you are a dick.

Headlights are not for seeing, they are for being seen.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Those aftermarket "projector" head laights are crap. Spend the money on some KC lights or something equal to them. You can even hook them up to come on with your brights. Save your $50 and let them person keep them.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Because you are a dick.

Headlights are not for seeing, they are for being seen.
I can't even address how stupid that comment really is.:icon_twisted:

The 2013 Mustang will come with HIDS.

My F150 has the headlights adjusted properly and I only use high beams when there is ZERO oncoming traffic. I only blink the high beams when oncoming traffic is not dimming their high beams.

.....and that's MR. DICK to you!:annoyed:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals