• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Grill Guard

rcpbob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Just installed the Aries Grill Guard ( https://www.ariesautomotive.com/part/3069) , like how it looks on the Ranger. BUT, you have to get a 40 MM tall piece between the bumper and the bottom of the upper plastic that has a 20 MM gap. They say to carefully insert between the two, cannot be done ! Had to disassemble the grill (over an hour). Plus side, doesn't affect the front license plate. Over all, happy with the install. you can find costs about $425.00 if you look around. Ride Safe ! Bob

Attachments

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
rcpbob,

Looks very law enforcement ish ..)

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
Hey Bob, I'm curious as to the reason why you installed this? To protect the truck in the event of ? Or do you just like the look.

So you have to remove the tow hooks, do those go back on? If not, does it state somewhere that the grill guard itself can be used as a recovery mount?

rcpbob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Bob, I'm curious as to the reason why you installed this? To protect the truck in the event of ? Or do you just like the look.

So you have to remove the tow hooks, do those go back on? If not, does it state somewhere that the grill guard itself can be used as a recovery mount?
Hey HenryMac, mostly like the looks, but do expect the guards to provide some front end protection. The tow hooks come off for install, but go back on under the guard in the stock position. One forum member mention that it gives the Ranger a kind of "copish" look, I don't think that's a bad thing :)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a similar one on my F-150 (Westin Sportsman)

I figure it will help keep a deer out of the radiator and keep me from getting stranded in the boonies. Plus that tube across the bottom is nice for breaking over cornstalks when I straddle two rows and takes a lot of stress off the plastic airdam.

I snagged it of CL in '07 for $75 after I hit a deer, knocking on wood I have only pushed over cornstalks, brush and small trees with it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals