• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Greetings from South Kalifornikstan

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
In '02 I was living in a condo in Santa Clarita...Almost moved to AZ to attend MMI, but didnt. I got a relatively nice place between the city and suburbs: 2.5 acres w/ mind our own business neighbors, in a hidden lil caynon cut nestled between the cities. But venturing anywhere beyond home it sucks. I could easily get a pretty penny for this place, or rent it out for top dollar and bounce out! I been really getting the itch to relocate lately...My lifestyle is not LA conducive and never has been. Many people I meet from the Midwest/East coast/South say I belong there. Only caveat is leaving my cushy job working for the hollywood studios as a set builder ( get paid well to play w/ welding and carpentry tools all day, no codes to follow, just make sure it looks nice on camera and wont kill anybody). I can collect pension in another 8 yrs.... maybe I wait it out, if the studios ever open back up....

But dang do I have the itch to GTF outta LA. The traffic has gotten ridiculous, its not just in the cities anymore. I feel liberated just being able to reach the speed limit. Downtown, Hollywood, and the west side are a few mile apart, but their own bubbles of a world, and a mission to traverse, just because of the traffic. even the suburbs beyond have gotten packed. Hence Kobe commuting by helicopter. 22 yrs of driving here,My ranger and I have had enough stop and go. Worst part is its mostly idiots that refuse to move over and let pass. Keep right pass left rule doesnt exist here. Its just 6 lanes wide of Prius driving in parallel 10mph below the speed limit as if their practicing formation, but pull and up and look over, you will see a zombie. Yes they are real, and have been thriving in LA for awhile unnoticed.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Man, I'm so happy I left. Yeah, the weather can be a pain here. Haven't been affected by tornadoes myself. They tend to stick to the same path in these regions, and Moore Oklahoma tends to get hit. When I lived in CA, I lost count of the quakes I lived through. Don't miss that shit at all. I can live with rain, snow, sleet, etc. That's why I have my old Ranger. I maintain it, but it's not pretty any more. I have a Mustang, Lightning and two motorcycles, garage kept, for when the weather is perfect.

Btw, look what I saw in a Sonic parking lot at last Sunday nights cruise scene on Air Depot Boulevard in Midwest City (I live on Air Depot). Yeah, we cruise every Sunday from around 5 pm to whenever. Cops are totally cool with it, long as everyone keeps their head. This is a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. Has 50.524 miles on it. Guy bought it last year for "six figures". Told me the history. Years ago, there used to be a pizza company here. They had a red, a white and a blue one. They used them for special deliveries. Just WOW! Can't make that shit up! LMAO!! This car is "PRISTINE".

In 1984, I passed on an opportunity to buy an orange one for a little over $10 grand. They weren't cool or collectors items then. Now, six figures.

In the second picture, that's my White Lightning parked next to this awesome machine.

It's not crowded here. Speeding is not a problem at all. Trust me on that one! The B-King listed in my sig line can attain "A buck fity" easy, without blinking. And I do it frequently on a rather curvy road that goes around my favorite lake here, Lake Stanley Draper. I-40 can be bad in the early am and mid pm. But other than that, it's balls to the wall here. Get on I-40 east or west of Oklahoma City, people running 90, 95, 100 mph on the highway. It's nuts. And I love it!

Attachments

Last edited:

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Man, I'm so happy I left. Yeah, the weather can be a pain here. Haven't been affected by tornadoes myself. They tend to stick to the same path in these regions, and Moore Oklahoma tends to get hit. When I lived there, I lost count of the quakes I lived through. Don't miss that shit at all. I can live with rain, snow, sleet, etc. That's why I have my old Ranger. I maintain it, but it's not pretty any more. I have a Mustang, Lightning and two motorcycles, garage kept, for when the weather is perfect.

Btw, look what I saw in a Sonic parking lot at last Sunday nights cruise scene on Air Depot Boulevard in Midwest City. Yeah, we cruise every Sunday from around 5 pm to whenever. Cops are totally cool with it, long as everyone keeps their head. This is a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. Has 50.524 miles on it. Guy bought it last year for "six figures". Told me the history. Years ago, there used to be a pizza company here. They had a red a white and a blue one. They used them for special deliveries. Just WOW! Can't make that shit up! LMAO!! This car is "PRISTINE".
lol that is pretty awesome. The sonic here is far away and terrible. We do have in and out if your willing to sit in the drive through line that is pouring out in the street and around the corner blocking sketchy traffic flying by.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Man, I'm so happy I left. Yeah, the weather can be a pain here. Haven't been affected by tornadoes myself. They tend to stick to the same path in these regions, and Moore Oklahoma tends to get hit. When I lived there, I lost count of the quakes I lived through. Don't miss that shit at all. I can live with rain, snow, sleet, etc. That's why I have my old Ranger. I maintain it, but it's not pretty any more. I have a Mustang, Lightning and two motorcycles, garage kept, for when the weather is perfect.

Btw, look what I saw in a Sonic parking lot at last Sunday nights cruise scene on Air Depot Boulevard in Midwest City. Yeah, we cruise every Sunday from around 5 pm to whenever. Cops are totally cool with it, long as everyone keeps their head. This is a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. Has 50.524 miles on it. Guy bought it last year for "six figures". Told me the history. Years ago, there used to be a pizza company here. They had a red a white and a blue one. They used them for special deliveries. Just WOW! Can't make that shit up! LMAO!! This car is "PRISTINE".

In 1984, I passed on an opportunity to buy an orange one for a little over $10 grand. They weren't cool or collectors items then. Now, six figures.

In the second picture, that's my White Lightning parked next to this awesome machine.
That things probly worth major bucks!

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That things probly worth major bucks!
It's the bottom of the dog pile as far as power options are concerned. There were three, 440 with four barrel, 440 with six-pack, and 426 hemi with dual quads. Either auto ro four speed for any of them. Most cost wise is the hemi four speed. Bottom of the list is 440 four barrel auto. This one is 440 four barrel four speed. It's a $100,000 car. And with only a bit over 50,000 on it, he paid that for it.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You know, I lived in CA 26 years and never once ate at an In N Out. LMAO!!

I'm not much for fast food or a burger junky myself. My favorite restaurant is one mile away and have the best steaks and sea food in Midwest City. I don't go anywhere else.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry, I edit my posts a lot when things come to mind. ;-)

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Speaking of tinting windows, I bought this Mustang in November last year. Even the front windshield is tinted. And I get no bother for it. It's crazy. First pic is what it looked like when I bought it. The last two how it is now. Been a busy little bee on this one. More coming.

Just picked up some 12.5 rims for the back of my Lightning. Currently 9.5. They'll be here next week. Fronts are 7 inch. Window tint on the Lightning is so dark, I have to roll them down at night at dark intersections, in case knuckleheads are driving with their lights off. Yes, we still have dark intersections here. LOL!!

Attachments

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Dang 55 your really got me sold....I was under the impression that small town cops and small town folks in no hurry would have folks like us goin 35mph across open road in the middle of nowhere....

I got a ford fusion v6 as my sleeper to weave around slowpokes in the fast lane, yet stay under cops noses.

and a yamaha R1 for my IDGAF go fast machine. But I ride it w/ major spidey sense (constant lookout and ready for a short pursuit/evasion)

Im not even a speed demon, I just dont got all day and understand things like traction, gravity and technology can make for safe but efficiently fast travel. Makes no sense to create this amazing transportation machine, just to limit its abilities for the sake of human incompetence.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Speaking of tinting windows, I bought this Mustang in November last year. Even the front windshield is tinted. And I get no bother for it. It's crazy. First pic is what it looked like when I bought it. The last two how it is now. Been a busy little bee on this one. More coming.
Another beef of mine, We are the sunshine state, yet dont allow tint. I am stuck roasting in my trucks fishbowl of windows because I dont wanna get pulled over being a gang suspect, or because its quota time. Cops are sketchy around here these days even if u aint doin sh!t.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Another beef of mine, We are the sunshine state, yet dont allow tint. I am stuck roasting in my trucks fishbowl of windows because I dont wanna get pulled over being a gang suspect, or because its quota time. Cops are sketchy around here these days even if u aint doin sh!t.
Police officer that is a neighbor of mine, asked me one day, "You carry a 1911 in .45 ACP, right?" Told him "yeah." He opened the trunk of his cruiser and said "take as much as you want, I don't need it." See if that happens in CA. ;-)

Yeah, I have four handguns, and three of them are 1911's. Two Kimbers and one old Colt Combat Commander, that my dad gave me when I turned 21.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
It's the bottom of the dog pile as far as power options are concerned. There were three, 440 with four barrel, 440 with six-pack, and 426 hemi with dual quads. Either auto ro four speed for any of them. Most cost wise is the hemi four speed. Bottom of the list is 440 four barrel auto. This one is 440 four barrel four speed. It's a $100,000 car. And with only a bit over 50,000 on it, he paid that for it.
dont matter, especially if the numbers match, those things are rare....

A well know car guy within our circles (Dennis McCarthy) did all the fast and furious cars...they are working on the next one, which is nascar themed, first thing he did was buy up all the round go round anywhere within sight, money no object...scored some cool stuff...Nascar motors and whatnot...His kids nova has one now, sounds and winds up like nothing Ive ever seen or heard...Wicked Sh!t.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Police officer that is a neighbor of mine, asked me one day, "You carry a 1911 in .45ACP, right?" Told him "yeah." He opened the trunk of his cruiser and said "take as much as you want, I don't need it." See if that happens in CA. ;-)
dang I had one cop buddy and all he did was creep me out being a hoarder and borderline stalker. My ex navy seal buddys hooked me up w/ some good stuff tho. I gotta lock everything down nice to avoid jail if my guns leave the house.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
U say ur in OK eh? I may hafta check it out....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals