• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got my work cut out

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4

I'm gonna do thermostat tuesday probably. I was finally hired as a concrete laborer and should be starting full time work next week. I'm gonna be building a high rise hotel next to Legoland in Carlsbad :headbang:. So I can finally start saving for my transmission after my first check. As you can see by my calculations(If you can read my handwriting lol) My options for a rebuild and my plans to use lucas stop slip until than. Does anyone have any other suggestions to give me a working tranny. I think I will buy a used one and have it swapped rather than pay double for a rebuild as I don't feel a 36,000 mile warranty is enough to make paying double worth it? My truck runs decent if I start in second gear and manually shift it to D when its at 2,500 rpm allowing a smooth shift to 3rd and avoiding 1st gear altogether. I also downshift back to second when slowing. This method has gotten my around just fine for a few thousand miles and continues to do so daily but if I run in drive at all times O/D light will flash after a while, I have issues going from 2nd to 3rd and will sometimes do some horrible clicks while automatically downshifting back to 1st. So I guess I will keep driving the old exploder how I'm driving her while I save money. Any input or opinions are very very very valuable right now guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals