• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got my harness pretty much done....

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
... but have a question. On my spreadsheet it says to move pin number 14 to pin number 27 and pin number 15 to 43, but it doesn't tell you what to do with pins 27 and 43. Does that mean they get left out? Obviously a little curious. Also, since the engine is an 86, and the truck a 91, alot of the connections in the engine bay are different, what's the best plan of attack for solving that issue? Thanks guys! Getting really close now!

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
one note that I figured out the hard way which caused a lot of pinging with regular fuel was there is a fuel pump signal wire that was on my '90 harness that went into the octane switch hole... yeah, it was telling it to throw a bunch more spark at it...

I have a few wires on mine that got pulled out and taped off...

27 is the EGR position sensor which the '86 doesn't have, and 43 is the A/C clutch signal to the computer to modify the idle speed... so those are two that are just hanging out in my kick panel :). If you want to look for yourself, there's diagrams in the tech library that are helpful, HERE

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals