• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got Me A Bear!

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
tree rat is a mighty fine meal when served with dumplings. every opending day my dad and i would go after school and harvest our limit, mom cooked em up for the whole family. kids fightin like cats and dogs for the last bisqet. DAMN i miss the south.
Squirrels get alot bigger down south too. Up here, they're only the size of a small cat at the biggest. Takes alot more to make a meal.

That's because it's a Grizzly. Black bears are quite a bit smaller. :D

Also, sometimes people use the camera angle to make things bigger than they truly are. That paw is life sized however.

gertsdsbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
Thats nothing look at this one!!

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got him right in the lungs as he took a step forward, one round and he took off about 20 yards into the brush back the way he came. Found him laying against a tree. My Mossy has a slug barrel and a scope (2.5x) and it was pretty powerful. Knocked him right down and left a good sized entrance/exit, but not big enough to ruin a lot of meat. I hit him a little bit high but it still went through both lungs. I wish he didn't take off like that though, 20 yards is a long way to drag 180 pounds uphill.
180,210,190 all these numbers are confusing. nice catch! i've never done bear but deer sausage is tha shit. round here we mostly hunt cow!:icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals