• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

got in a wreck today with a lowered s10!!!!

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
was driving around with the wife today and was making a left turn and this lowered mid 90s s10 came out of nowhere...I stopped and he planted the brakes, slid(was wet out) and hit me nearly head on.... his left front headlight was smashed and I am not sure what other damage he had...... he was the damage to my ranger

talking to an insurance adjuster tomorrow..... will see what happens

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
you got lucky on that one :)

Need to set the clock on your camera :p

I also like the red Ford emblem with the red wheels. Hope you don't get too screwed by the insurance.

AJ

Haywire6000

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo Four Plug Head
Transmission
Manual
I remember my dad had a 1990 ranger, some kid stole his mothers van and took it for a joy ride.My dad was backing out of our drive way when the kid ( wasn't paying attention) caught the corner of my dads bumper and bent it straight out from where the the license plate goes. The funny part was that the bumper peels the side of the van open like a tin can. After my dad chased the kid down( He drove off) and almost beat the shit out of him, the kids mothers insurance company cut my dad a check for $400. He just went to the junk yard a god a bumper for $50. haha, but these little trucks are tough.

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
most likely gonna fix it myself....think a bfh and another cheap set of driving lights from walmart will do the trick

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah but let them pay OEM price for the new bumper valance and light.

Road Angels

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Thats why I don't lower my stuff cause you go under what you hit, bumper at face height is always better

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I had a Honda Civic his my gas tank skid plate one time.....

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
had a honda civic go under the rear of my k5 blazer back in 2009.... lady didnt have a licence or insurance\

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
What a surprise.... Neither did the civic that hit me.

Best part was she had to wait for the police bc she busted the radiator!

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
in my case it totaled her car and the rear bumper of my k5 was about 2 inches from her windshield......she was tailgating, told my ins co she didnt feel the accident was her fault and was gonna get a lawyer and sue..... never heard anything from her after that

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah but let them pay OEM price for the new bumper valance and light.
The insurance company probably wouldn't pay for an OEM bumper valance. Given the age and book value of the truck, they probably would rather just total the truck.

simpler=better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercedes
Transmission
Automatic
I'd be happy with $200 for a hit like that, and just slap a new set of fogs on it.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The insurance company probably wouldn't pay for an OEM bumper valance. Given the age and book value of the truck, they probably would rather just total the truck.
this...i'm an insurance adjuster and there's no way i'd pay for OEM air freshener on any 90's model vehicle. we only use OEM stuff on vehicles that are 6 months old or newer.

it sounds like the OP is saying he turned left in front of the s10, if that's the case, i'd be more worried about how much your premium is going to go up after your carrier accepts fault. phrases like "he came out of nowhere" and "i didnt see him" dont help you any either. good luck

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
he turned off a 4 lane road onto a 2 lane... that block is only about 500 feet long... it was overcast and raining lightly, his truck was black and he didnt have his lights on... I had headlights, driving lights and my signal...when I first looked there were no cars coming and I think he was driving kinda fast for the area.....soon as I saw him coming I stopped...I had barely started my turn...he locked up his brakes and slid across the intersection... I was barely even out into the intersection.....but because I was making a left turn it might be a f@#ked situation for me like eddie said

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this...i'm an insurance adjuster and there's no way i'd pay for OEM air freshener on any 90's model vehicle. we only use OEM stuff on vehicles that are 6 months old or newer.

it sounds like the OP is saying he turned left in front of the s10, if that's the case, i'd be more worried about how much your premium is going to go up after your carrier accepts fault. phrases like "he came out of nowhere" and "i didnt see him" dont help you any either. good luck
I didnt use those phrases when talking to my ins.....what you said is pretty much how it went...found out this morning.... pulled the lights and valance off.... straightened out the lic plate...now I just need another set of lights to put on it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals