• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got fuel got spark, got no running going on?

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
Transmission
Manual
Got a 93 fullsize chevy 2500, 350 tbi w/ a 5 sp. got the truck recently for work and haulin, i bought it understanding it was runnin goofy figured it was somthin dumb. It would miss and lurch going any speed push the clutch in to stop and it would fall on its face not every time but mostly but will fire right back up. had some time so changed the throttle position sensor-nothin. unplugged the map sensor AHH HAH! ran fine half way to parts store to get another one but i figured im so cheap y not just go w/o it altogether so turned around been runnin good bout a month only missed here n there but could just need a tune up. Go out today to leave and nothin, didnt even cough!? So i had a brand new fuel pump layin threw it in and nothin go to the throttle bodie got fuel. checkeed a wire got spark. i would check compression but drove it home last night ran fine, today nothin? plugged the map sensor back in-nothin... The injectors got a nice clean spray no drip, im kinda confused when it comes to computer crap, so any takers??? Id think it to be unlikely to fry somethin runnin w/ map sensor unplugged but who knows. i did run a shop scan on it soon after i bought it but my truck dont have enough computer to it to really help it said was runnin rich before the o2 sensor cycled then after it said it would run lean? thanks ahead for any help!

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
If it is anything like a ford as far as the computer controls the timing so you will need to get all the sensors solenoids iac all that stuff working for it to resemble running descent. find a donor vehicle and get the computer the wiring and all the components working then you can attempt to troubleshoot. Right now your just jerking off.

masterbrenden

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2010
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
3.0l v6/4.0l v6
Transmission
Automatic
i know it a long shoot but i would check compression... we(the shop i work at) had an older ford in a few years ago(towed in) and it ran like crap one day then didn't run at all the next... had fuel and spark... it turned out the chain had stretched over time and threw the valve timing off... lost enough compression to not fire. thats my two cents

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
Transmission
Manual
Ok so here it is huntin season and im stuck workin on a chevy... go figure... so what i come to my spark is intermitten took ignition coil and module down parts store got some guy tellin me my coil was bad after testing the two. bought coil still just got no spark now i went to buddies boneyard gave him few bucks and striped computer but its also 25 degrees w/ nasty wind chill so see tomarrow

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Did you check your plugs and wires?

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
Transmission
Manual
yea i checked the spark at the wires gettin nothin went to the coil not even gettin juice to it. checked fuses and relays alll good. friday ended up the first time in my life sayin **** it n took to a shop and choke on the bill they give me... walking away i felt the walk of shame!!! real bust on my ego, but do what u gotta do. Least i get to enjoy the rest of huntin season LOL always a bright side to everything. thanks for the help guys ill let you know waht it ended up bein

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals