• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got a new ranger.....again.....LOL

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So, I used to see you guys post on here that you have owned 5 or 6 rangers, and I was like "Damn....you're obsessed."

So I am buying my 6th one saturday....LOL.

My question to my fellow obsessed owners is...What is your favorite year? I have owned a 92, 93, 95, (2) 01, and I am buying an 05. Honestly, I miss my 92. I beat the piss out of that truck, and it came back for more everytime. It only had the 2.9, so obviously I wished it had a 4.0, but I regret selling it everyday. The 93 was a pile when I bought it, but it still went off-road wherever I wanted. The 95 was a 2wd, 2.3/5 spd. I loved that little hot rod. Sucked ass in the winter, but fun to drive when the roads were dry. the 01 lasted 2 months before I threw the cam chain tensioner through the valve cover:annoyed: and the other 01 i bought as a parts truck, but it was in better shape than my truck. I am getting rid of both them ****ers, and my 5.0 explorer that I bought for the engine (was gonna put it in the 95, never had the time or ambition) and buying an 05 4.0/5 spd 4x4 excab. :icon_hornsup: California truck, never seen salt...I cant wait.

It just makes me curious as to what year everyone likes best. I dont want to start a pissing contest. Everyone has their own opinion, I just like to hear pros and cons.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I like the looks of the first gen, and think I would like the newer a-arm suspension better for racing.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like my '85.

Simple to work on, a blank slate as far as mods go (not hard to go in any direction you want) and nice style (IMO) inside and out.

Newer Rangers come with better axles and whatnot... just a few bolts hold those parts in though. :icon_twisted:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I loved my 88s with the exception of the defrost for the side windows...in winter it was a pita but otherwise the interiors had more character.

I almost had a 2011 4x4 4.0 but had to back away from that one...it was a beautiful truck all around...

For now the newer cabs with the extra doors would probably be my next Ranger purchase if I ever get that opportunity...and I want the 4x4 extended cab for sure...the 2005 you are buying would be an excellent choice for me...

Enjoy!

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I like the extended cab, 4 door, 4.0 SOHC, and 5 speed auto that you get in the newer Rangers.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
I have to choices I like the 2.5s and the trans behind em my mom just wrecked mine yesterday morning she's ok though truck is totaled but I still have my 88 ranger 2.3 5 speed in great mechanical shape but I bumped into a guy with it rolled the fender some got all the replacement parts but I love the body style old school...

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!
I have to choices I like the 2.5s and the trans behind em my mom just wrecked mine yesterday morning she's ok though truck is totaled but I still have my 88 ranger 2.3 5 speed in great mechanical shape but I bumped into a guy with it rolled the fender some got all the replacement parts but I love the body style old school...
Sorry bout the truck. Glad your mom's ok.

I'm another vote for the first gens. They just look so good.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Thanks man and it's ok there's more 2.5 rangers to be had and for sure they should have kept that body style another year or two

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Still on my first Ranger, but it's a '92 4.0 5-speed and it is fun as hell to drive, in fact I tell everyone it's my first sports car. 2wd.... only thing I'd change would be for 4x4.... may try a conversion in a few years haha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Been driving the '05 for about a week now.....I like it.

Still miss my 92.

Does anyone else feel like they sit WAY higher in the cab in the newer ones? My head rubs the headliner on the '05. My 92, I had like 4 inches between my head and the liner. It took some pretty big bumps for me to remember the headliner was there.....
:icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals