• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Good bye 2.5 hello 3.slow

lpdizzydawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
Well its been a while since i have had time to post, but i have since sold my reg. cab 2001 2.5 and bought an 01 supercab 3.0. I had to have room for my new system :headbang: I have bought 2 punch p1 12s and 3 punch p1 10s, i have all 6x9 pioneer 3 ways in all doors along with pioneer tweets in the rear. i also ordered and installed a small train horn untill i buy the one i want from trainhorns.net. and as soon as work picks up again i have in my spare time did some research on my system. it sounds more than awesome now lol nut i am gonna add one more 10 so i can keep my 10s at 2 ohms constant. just had to rubuild my whole lower end recently so i gotta build up some cash before being able to start that:icon_hornsup:

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Howdy, & welcome!

I haven't seen you around the forums or the streets of Houston...I'm mainly on the NW side of town though, by 290 & 610.

Add yourself to the TRS map, man.

If you need help setting anything up, lemme know. I've got a SVC 12" P1, and it adds just enough to be enjoyable. I'd love to hear your setup.

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Don't you just loooooove the pick up on the 3slow? I love having trouble maintaining speed on gradual grades ;)

Oh, and that many subs is freakin' ridiculous. PLEASE post photos, I really wanna see the enclousure on that!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Nice!! post up some pics of the sound system

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
How many watts RMS are you going to run to reach sub? I asked because I have (2) SA-8's running off a Kicker ZX 500.1 @ 2 ohm stable and putting down 134.9 dB. Just curious about what you think you are going to put down with all that weight.

lpdizzydawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
sorry guys i been busy and just got into amarillo for work.

AgPete139 i stay on the south side....pasadena deer park area, ill have to find the map you're talkin about.

and armadillon lol i had hell with my cruise set coming up here to amarillo area once i hit the hill country. tranny kept kicking down on slight inclines. lol it was aggervating as hell

hoosier1104 as it stands now guys i pulled the 12s out for travel. but on my down time out here i been doing more research into sub set ups and trying to understand RMS and the different from peak.

I have my 3 10s ran in paralell to my amp, initially when i bought everything i was gonna run each speaker on its own indapendent channel so i bought a 4 ch 1200w amp. well through research i found paralell to be best in an odd ball set up so i ran with it, problem was i didnt fully understand the ohm load and stability on the amp. 3-8 ohm subs paralell came to 2.7 ohms constant, naturally i thought i was good cause my amp was 2 ohm stable, well i was wrong, not to mention i bridged the 3, so in turn what i did was started overheating the amp cause it was only 4ohm stable Bridged. lol started with fuse block under hood melting, i thought cause my truck ran hot under the hood that caused it so i hard wired it and just relied on the 30a fuses on the amp for protection. well the second time my subs went out i thought i fried the amp from my wiring, later found it melted the terminals on the box, again hard wired those, this last time on the way here, i know my prob with the subs but i cant drive 12 hrs with just my 6x9s lol but this time the negative teminal on the amp melted......... therefore i just fixed it temporaraly till i can get home and install all the new stuff for it after i order it all. but this time im going to make sure the constant ohms from the subs match the stable ohm load for the amp to reduce frying amp or subs. now i just need a little guidance on the RMS stuff before i buy my new equipment so this doesnt happen again

lpdizzydawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
Also as far as pics i will get them as quick as possible but as it stands i only have 3 of 5 in the truck with me at the moment.

But i have my 12s in a downfire box and the 3 10s just sat in a groundshaker box on top.

When i rebuild my system im gonna keep the downfire for the 12s and the 4 hole box will also be on top but i will gut my back seats and jack stowage out :icon_welder:so i can have the boxes just a lil further back. The combination of both boxes pretty much sits flush with the bottom of my rear window, which is exactly how i wanted it lol i cant stand obstruction of my rear view lol.

lpdizzydawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
Just added on the map, thanx, i think its pretty nifty lol

Howdy, & welcome!

I haven't seen you around the forums or the streets of Houston...I'm mainly on the NW side of town though, by 290 & 610.

Add yourself to the TRS map, man.

If you need help setting anything up, lemme know. I've got a SVC 12" P1, and it adds just enough to be enjoyable. I'd love to hear your setup.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals