• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Goler near Redrock Area Feb. 15-17, 2013

mojavedave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Red Rock area, Ca. 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I no longer have my ranger and am instead in a Jeep Cherokee these days. But, thought at the last minute I would share my annual trip info with you good people.:icon_hornsup:

February 15-17, 2013 Goler, Red Rock, Benson Cyn, Iron Cyn, Garlock, Randsburg & more
Just beginning to plan for next year's annual trip to this area. For some of you, it may be boring. For others, especially if their first time, it can be very rewarding. For me, it's often sad because so much of the history in this area is falling wayside to vandals and disrespectful riders and travelers who have little, if any, respect for our public lands. In any case, I have made it to this area every year in February (which began accidentally) since 1998.

So, here I go again, lol. It's open to anyone who would like to come along. Over the years, our group has had some great folks show up from as close to me as The Antelope Valley and as far away as Vegas and one person several years ago from Utah!

Again, I know for some people the area may be "old hat" but for me it has become tradition. It is essentially my back yard and I can get to numerous "get aways" within an hour or so from my home and dissapear from the daily grind as it were, often never seeing pavement for 3-4 days and nights. Sometimes there lots of wheelin' and sometimes there's just "chillin" at camp to simply unwind and recharge. There's a little of everything (accept trees and streams lol) for whatever kind of wheeling you like, and of course that whole "chillin" thing at an old cabin around the fire with a little something on the grill and a cold one in your hand, pondering what you will do or which direction in this vast desert you may head out to explore after breakfast the next morning. On these trips, I plan very little with the exception of the items I will need for the trip. That is, I seldom know what trail I want to follow or which direction I want to head until I am there. For me, it has become more about the adventure and exploring then the wheeling. But, again, there's something for everyone in this area.

Anyway...I will post up a map of the area with directions and locations, etc. later today.

All are welcome to join.

P.S. I will be running the 11 meter (CB) and will be on channel 12 and 18, although primarily 18. Just some FYI.
If interested, you can find more info at https://www.facebook.com/hinlo.desertrunners

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

mojavedave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
From the Ridgecrest area, head south on 395, make a right on Garlock Road and look for the HI N LO sign on your right. From the Antelpe Valley or Los Angeles area (south of Mojave) head north on HWY 14, make a right on Redrock-Randsburg Road, take the left fork onto Garlock Road, and look for the HI N LO sign on your left.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals