• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Going ALL THE WAY

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
just the one. It would look better to have them on both sides and sound quality of course. But I'm more for functionality. I ALWAYS have someone back there sitting.

Prob just going to grab a halfway decent sub and amp, even used is fine. After all, its a wheeler, not a show truck lolz. It sits really snug and the crapet bottom will keep it from moving but I'm still going to run a bolt through the bottom to keep it in place but still removable.

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to jump around from topic to topic..but back to the 4.0 swap. I forgot to mention I believe I'm running the 4r55e. Which is like the A4ld but with a air freshener on it. lol Still a little better.

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
By By ya POS. The crank was broken and just knowing that that shing was sitting under my bed bothered me ohh so much. Now that I see this pic...It's time to get the wheel and paint out gross.
Running a angled cross member inside the very tail of the frame to give the tow hook some strength and keep the frame from bending when pulling someone. Its been done before **scott5640

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Got some parts ordered today. Its a great feeling. Borgeson steering shaft is here and the 78-79 F150 drag link is on its way thanks to RockAuto.com and Jim Oaks from the $50.00 promo giveaway. Their website is defineatley loaded with any part for any vehicle and made easy for anyone to navigate. Thanks guys! :icon_thumby:

Will bolt in my rear frame brace in shortley.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Glad to see you are working on that beast!!

Nice seering work man.

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic

Finally got my cross member in the rear tip of the frame. Only problem is now I need a new brace the sits at a 45* from the bottom of the tow hook to the bottom of my angle iron. I'll get something together, but either way, it's alot more stable then the p.o.s. tire carrier.

Also I should have mention this on page during my axle swap for the 8.8 31 spline Xploder. I had this U bolts custom made and good thing, because I've added 2 leafs to each side since (1 Xploder leaf/1 leaf out of a E150). But I had to pull them and clean them up. As I do the whole rear end. It's looking aged.
Here they are versus stock rear U bolts. They are 9/16 thick and 10" long.

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Proboably going to pull the bed off next. So I can finally figure out a fuel line setup and that would make cleaning the frame easier. Then I can finally try to turn the 4.0

Also just decided I need to find some custom fabbed coil buckets and towers. I tried using a set out of a late model Bronco, and that's just not right.

Will prob put up pics of the steering setup when it done in between doing all this, thanks to Ford78 showing me his setup.

ahhh one step at a time but getting there! :drool:

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Heres how a rear should look

Hehe...wish I had a little more meat left in my main leaf. The only thing giving them a curve is the Xploder leafs.

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
And heres how a front end should look....almost lol :icon_confused:

Want to find a shorter trac bar to mount inside the frame. Going to need a wierd one just to keep it same angle has steering link. Ohh...and doing my own buckets and towers. Didn't like the late model Bronco ones. I recommend anyone about to install their yota box, maybe put a slight tilt on how its mounted. Mine is level and the u-joint looks tight.

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Looks really good! Have u checked out ruff stuff tracbar mounts? They have a few differnt styles to choose from.

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Time to get my thread up and going again.
So good thing I stopped talking about the 4.0 swap. Its an epic failure. different fuel line systems and fuel pressures not to mention the harnesses. Anyways, I have to go EFI 5.0 now. For my 98 it will be alot easier then later models with PATS. But before I jump into that, Im going to fab up the buckets and towers to finish my SAS. my previous late model Bronco style Bronco buckets just didn't comfort me. So custom time!

Kevery

06/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1978
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Unfortunately 98 and 99's have to be different. If your doing any kind of motor swap it has to be from the same year ranger or exploder. If you can find a 98 mercury mountaineer or exploder with a 5.0. It should hook right up. Just requires a computer flash (under $100 at the ford dealer). Take into consideration I have never done this just what I've read. looking to do a 5.0 swap in mine some day.

Your tuck is coming along nice. I don't think the blue is bad at all. lol

ascentpro

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I put a return style fuel rail into my 98 ranger that was originally returnless. All you have to do is pull your pump out of the tank and remove the fuel regulator there and replace with a piece of hose. Then run a line from the return on your fuel rail back to the pump and add a fitting to the top of your pump so the fuel can be recirculated. I have a pic on my thread where I did that.

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Already ripped the 4.0 OHV out. def confident and more happy with the decision to go 5.0. But Just lost my truck money to some heavey fines. have to save up for the donar vehicle.
Finally got my Arc welder hooked up and have been using it everyday. About to fab up my own coil buckets and shock towers. Something free to do until I can buy a motor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals