• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Getting into the new world of Ranger

Mp3sgt

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So in a few hours, I will take delivery of a 2021 Lariat 2WD FX2. I will sadly watch as my 2011 Ranger 4.0L manual leaves on its way to get cleaned up and sold, hopefully to someone who needs it and will take care of it.
As a bit of a eulogy, the 2011 has been very reliable with none of the issues many forum members have with the 4.0 or the manual. All 4 doors open and close, engine doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil, and EVERYTHING is original (except air filter and lighting which I replaced with good LED units). The Ford emblems are original and still very blue. The paint is perfect. But at 156k miles, things are starting to pop up. Not small things like a CEL or a quickly wearing clutch or even a small balance issue. No, large issue recently was a complete replacement of both catalytic converters. Even with OEM parts, something did not set and there is a little bit of raw exhaust staying around the front of the engine (although could be a gasket failing). I drive 34 miles one way to work so a huge failure could leave me on the side of the road. Luckily, it has not done this but time and mileage don't stop. I will miss the 2011 greatly but look ahead to the new generation (even though the US 2021 is basically a world T6 developed in 2011).

Now that I have given the eulogy, what issues should I look at before accepting the delivery? Papers aren't signed until the driver comes to my house Monday so I can refuse if something is really off. What are some issues you guys have had at or shortly after delivery? This is a new unit with 7 miles before the driver comes over here.

Thanks everyone!

Oh and if anyone is around Mobile, AL, my 2011 Ranger will be for sale soon and it is clean and a beauty (unless I refuse delivery of course).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals