• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

getting frustrated

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I have a 91 Ranger 4.0ltr. Weekend before last I flopped it on the passenger side. 1/2 a litre of oil dumped out the oil filler neck hose into my air intake/snorkel. It was late at night so after the truck was righted and fluids checked I drove it home with a check engine light on. Code 41 is what came up.(lean O2/no O2 detected). I've replaced the MAF, ACT, ECT and O2 sensor. I Cleaned my snorkel and replaced the air intake Hose, spark plugs and air filter. No difference. Shudders slightly at idle, occasionally with slightly fluxuating rpm's. Lacks a small amount of bottom end power, I notice it a bit taking off(letting clutch out). I can idle all day and let my temp get up to 3/4(electric fan) and not get a check engine light. Cool it down and Rev it up for a few seconds and on pops the check engine light. When the check engine light comes on I can shut the truck off and immediatley restart it and it will take a couple minutes of driving for it to come back on. Check engine light will come on regardless of if operating temp has been reached, but doesn't seem to come on if its dead cold. Yesterday I replaced the fuel filter, put in a bottle of injector cleaner and inspected all fuel lines and vacum lines. No difference! I used to get 400-450 kms to a tank, this tank I got 200! If it wasn't for the check engine light and sh*t fuel economy the average person probally wouldn't even notice a problem. Someone give me some more ideas PLEASE!!!

Stranger ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If oil was up that far, you could have gotten oil all through you injectors and vaccum lines. run some cleaner through, clean the throttle body and plenum. spray some carb cleaner through your vac lines while its idling.

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Have run a full bottle of injector cleaner through now. Cleaned throttlebody again, replaced TP sensor and sprayed MAF cleaner in vac line while idling. Made no difference. Tried another computer from a scrapped Exploder (never heard run, 160km, rolled over in accident) the truck runs the same except now a "RICH" O2 code comes up! So MY computer says lean O2 and the OTHER says rich - WTF?!?! Maybe both computers are garbage? I didnt flop my truck over that hard,I was crawling up a hill slowly when it happened. I'm sure I've put WAY more shockload through it wheeling, pulling people out and getting pulled out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals