• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

FYI, New Source on Ebay for the 2WD Motor Mount Plates

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Just thought I'd share that RicksRangerz on ebay is now making and stocking the plates to bolt the 302 to 4.0l motor mounts on 98+ 2WD coil spring trucks.

I know in the past there have members on various forums that offered batches of them but then there were major dry spells and users only had the cad drawings to go source having their own made from them.

So it seems worthy to share here that you can just buy them for $59 shipped right now, no hassles..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-up-Ford-Ranger-V8-302-swap-motor-mounts-/152046882412

I did not use his mounts, so I can't say anything about the fit, but they look to be made from the cad drawing that has been floating around for years. I used the 5.0l mounts and just drilled the frame where they needed to go, and then tacked on a small spacer to tilt them flat. But I found these because I bought the Raised Upper Arm mounts from his ebay store, which is another much needed part to be available to the masses.

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Just thought I'd share that RicksRangerz on ebay is now making and stocking the plates to bolt the 302 to 4.0l motor mounts on 98+ 2WD coil spring trucks.

I know in the past there have members on various forums that offered batches of them but then there were major dry spells and users only had the cad drawings to go source having their own made from them.

So it seems worthy to share here that you can just buy them for $59 shipped right now, no hassles..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-up-Ford-Ranger-V8-302-swap-motor-mounts-/152046882412

I did not use his mounts, so I can't say anything about the fit, but they look to be made from the cad drawing that has been floating around for years. I used the 5.0l mounts and just drilled the frame where they needed to go, and then tacked on a small spacer to tilt them flat. But I found these because I bought the Raised Upper Arm mounts from his ebay store, which is another much needed part to be available to the masses.

what dose the a arm mounts do?

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
what dose the a arm mounts do?
They raise the upper arm mounting holes by 2", and come with a 7 position camber adjusting square washer system the cannot slip and loose the alignment like eccentric adjusters can do under the stress of excessive movements that bagged trucks put on them.

The 2" raise allows bagged and/or z'd rangers to relieve the extreme angle of the arm and gain back some travel on maxed out upper balljoints, it also will help with adjusting out negative or positive camber.

They also have the stock arm location holes below the raised ones as well, so you can revert back to stock arm position anytime if needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-up-Ford-Ranger-raised-upper-control-arm-mounts-Camber-kit-shims-bolts-/151910686446

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Update, I ended up giving his mounts a try as they looked nice, and they fit great, no issues.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals