• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel Rail Leak

ZBTHC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone,
I am new to this site, and this is my first post. I have a very serious problem that i cannot seem to solve. The fuel rail on my 1996 Ford Ranger 2.3L is leaking, there is rust on a couple spots. The fuel is dripping from around the part of the rail where the pressure regulator bolts on.
I tried purchasing a new fuel rail, but Ford no longer makes the part. So we grinded off the outlet where we found a hole, and then brazed in a piece of brake line. I reassembled everything and then it seemed to work.
A couple months later it was leaking again, this time it looked to be coming from the fuel pressure regulator. The pressure regulator was replaced, and new o-rings were installed. Still leaking.
I have a B-series fuel rail for the 2.3L, but there is only a fuel inlet, where as on the ford there is an inlet and an outlet.
Can someone please help point me in the right direction. Welding shops have denied me because they do not want to burn through it, and I cannot find a new fuel rail anywhere. Does anyone know if I can use the B-series fuel rail, or have any suggestions? Attatched are pictures of the two fuel rails. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Just take that part with you and go to a scrap crap yard and match it up with a beeter looking one!!! Try Ebay, or a parts place (AutoZone etc. etc.). Goodle it with your year and see if you can fin it that way as well.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah you should have no problem finding one at a junkyard. shouldnt be hard to remove either.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals