• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fuel pump not working.

Alan_nc

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Just a thank you:
Bought a 94 Ranger, 3.0 Auto, last week. Towed it home. Squirt gas in and it ran so I was guessing it was the fuel pump ( or something in that system). Read how to jump the system by jumping 30 to 87 on the pump relay. Started right up and runs fine. After further checking it turns out I have a bad inertia switch. Heater core was leaking and the coolant got all over the switch - had it all gummed up.
Have ordered a switch and a new heater core. That has got to be the easiest heater core removal in the auto world.

EricR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RangerXLT 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
There is a ground wire that comes off the neg side of the battery cable it is a single wire with a connector make sure it is connected and grounded that one stupid wire controls a lot of shit including fuel control and what not
This is what was wrong with my no fuel pump running issue.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals