• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel pressure regulator

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
Ok, so my friend bought a fuel pressure regulator for his 1998 Ranger 3.0 and didnt know where it is on the vehicle. I looked at it and said, "gee, mine looks NOTHING like that" and trundled over to my truck and popped the hood to point to what I thought was my FPR. After pondering how his might be so different looking (and not in the location mine was in) we pop on O'reilly's site and apparently a 1998 ranger 3.0 has a Fuel Pressure Regulator (looking just like what he had in his hand) but my 1999 3.0 FFV has not a regulator, but whats apparently called a Pressure Dampener looking exactly like what is on my fuel rail. So.... whats the difference? If I recall FFV's have 24lbs injectors versus 19lbs on a regular motor, so I could see needing a different regulator for the different pressures, but why have a completely different part in a completely different location? Apparently a FPR is on the BACK of the fuel rails while my dampener is on the FRONT of the rail next to the service port where the fuel line connects.

Any explanation of the difference in function? Pic's in a while if anyone is not understanding...

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
in 1998 they eliminated the return line and moved the FPR to the tank.........the thing on the fuel rail is the damper. I have not heard of it ever being an issue..........post your buddy's symptoms here and we can DX.......

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals