• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel leak problem!!! Please help!!

BroncoDave92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
I have a fuel leak. I know where at but I don't know this part is called. This is where its leaking from. I really need help. If some one could tell me what part this is and how to fix it if would be great. Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what a cahwinkadink i just did that to mine last week. tricky lil s h i t. mine was leaking form the pressure side too. nothing but black fuel came out with black dirt. replacing the filter and o ring fixed my issue

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Found this cross reference number if needed
FOTZ 9K044-A FTE

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have requested for years that this be in tech. Some cannot be opened and it says right on them DO NOT OPEN. The other can be and has an easy to get filter and then there is the dual tank one. I have past responces with links, pics and part numbers untold times on this in the past. It is most commonly called a fuel canister. The F-150 shares the same part.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Some of them also don't contain a filter. Before I knew what I was doing, I eliminated the one from my truck. Then I found out that they are sort of critical to keeping the tank fuel pump alive. Replaced it with one from a full size Bronco, before I installed it I opened it... no filter at all. There isn't even a way to put a filter in it.

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I replaced the fuel filer in my 86 in this canister holding device, when I out it back together I didn't get a good seal on the o ring and my fuel pump didn't have enough power to get the fuel outta the tank, I thought I had a bad pump as a result of how clogged that filter was, now with the new filter she runs great, but without a good seal I couldn't even get fuel to the rail.. It's definitely a crucial piece in the 2 pump setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BroncoDave92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the help everyone!! I haven't had time to fix it yet. As soon as I get time I will dig deeper into it but I appreciate all the information!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals