• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel filler tube leaks

Rocky Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bought my '95 in 2000, at the time it had a bad fuel filler hose, I just didn't know it untill it started pouring gas on the ground one day when I was filling it up about 2002. I tried to find one in a junk yard. They were either missing from all the rangers I checked, or the were rotted like mine. I went to Ford and got one for $180+. Jump forward to 2006, and I am replacing that MOFO again. Same problem, more money this time.
I was wondering how many others have had this same issue with their Rangers. I spoke with 10-15 people around NorCal and they had all replaced their hoses as well. Bad part design from Ford? Major safety flaw? my dealer keeps 2-3 on the shelf because he sells so many. I reported this to the NHTSA people, but never heard back from them...

HAPPY_RANGER_GUY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Mine does leak a bit but only when topped off. Stop a little shy of full and no leaky.

T.

ez_e96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i replaced mine about 5 months ago, but i went to a parts store that makes pre molded hoses and took two to make the shape of the hose and put a short pipe for connecting tailpipes holdin it together with two clamps then put my filler neck back in it. aint had a problem yet

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Repaired mine, with a long strip of rubber, cut from an inner tube, and RTV silicone caulk. Works fine for two years now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals