• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel economy questions

Robscoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone so I have a few questions about a ford ranger, it’s the 2011 4.0 2wd. It has the 73.5 litre tank (19.5 gallons) and it feels like it’s burning more fuel than it should but since it’s a shared vehicle and the other party isn’t concerned it’s hard! To exactly gauge how many KM I’m getting to a tank. But I reckon it’s at the absolute most about 400 (250 some odd miles) it’s largely city driving which is an obvious factor but everything seems to be running just fine. The truck only has 56k on it. I seafoamed the gas tank but that’s about it and it didn’t seem to do much if anything.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Who takes care of fueling up?
Keep the receipt and mark the mileage on it. Do that at least twice in a row. Tell the other person that you want them to do the same and leave the receipts in the glove box.
Or just make sure you are the one filling the tank for the next few fills....
I use an app on my phone that does the same for me. Immediately after filling I input the numbers into the app and it spits out the mileage. But I still right down the odometer reading on the reciept.

Robscoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Who takes care of fueling up?
Keep the receipt and mark the mileage on it. Do that at least twice in a row. Tell the other person that you want them to do the same and leave the receipts in the glove box.
Or just make sure you are the one filling the tank for the next few fills....
I use an app on my phone that does the same for me. Immediately after filling I input the numbers into the app and it spits out the mileage. But I still right down the odometer reading on the reciept.
Yeah I’ll do that he just doesn’t like running near empty, it’s my dad I have my own vehicle but drive that on occasion. The gas up here is all good quality so that’s def not an issue. Yeah I use gas buddy I’m gonna get him to mark it

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Is the app called "calculator"?

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey everyone so I have a few questions about a ford ranger, it’s the 2011 4.0 2wd. It has the 73.5 litre tank (19.5 gallons) and it feels like it’s burning more fuel than it should but since it’s a shared vehicle and the other party isn’t concerned it’s hard! To exactly gauge how many KM I’m getting to a tank. But I reckon it’s at the absolute most about 400 (250 some odd miles) it’s largely city driving which is an obvious factor but everything seems to be running just fine. The truck only has 56k on it. I seafoamed the gas tank but that’s about it and it didn’t seem to do much if anything.

I've got the same setup, I've got the towing package(not sure if that changes the gearing). I don't usually check the MPG on the truck.... best not to know. However, I have a customer I visit that is about 100mi of highway driving at 60-70mph, and that will use almost exactly 1/4 tank. I think my average is 17-20 mpg depending on how much junk is in the back, ect.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals